Author Topic: Web Host with LaTeX Support  (Read 3856 times)

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
Web Host with LaTeX Support
« on: August 09, 2007, 07:01:08 pm »
I'm looking for a web host with a linux server that has LaTeX support (and of course PHP/MySQL as well)

The reason I'm looking for a new web host is because my current Virtual Private Server (VPS) is expensive =\

So, anyone know of any hosts with LaTeX support?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Web Host with LaTeX Support
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 07:05:24 pm »
Depending on what you're hosting, you can use the x86 servers. It's got decent processing power and nightly DB backups, and I can install whatever you like. The only way to upload files is ssh, though, not sure if that's a problem.

Also, you know what the uptime/speed are like from using the forums. I expect to move the physical server at the end of September, so there will be a day or two of downtime and after that it should be much better.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 02:16:30 am »
You're welcome to host it on my server as well, although I don't try as hard as iago to make it stable (though I'd venture to guess my current connection is more stable than his currently).

LaTeX is pretty standard with most Linux distributions, I think, but maybe it's one of the things that is generally removed by web hosts.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 05:06:23 pm »
Ah, thanks a lot guys for the offers ^^

I just made a plan to keep my current server / VPS plan for some trial period of time like the next school year, and see how many expenses are after that.

I might be posting in this thread again like 6 months later though :P