Author Topic: Busted  (Read 10111 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Busted
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 12:44:37 am »
Yeah they are.  Capitalism is all about personal property.  Copyrights are personal property.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 12:46:05 am »
I have a question.. instead of targeting people who download these things, why not catch the people whom upload them or force people to shut down the sites.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 12:46:55 am »
I have a question.. instead of targeting people who download these things, why not catch the people whom upload them or force people to shut down the sites.
More money to be made the other way

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 12:51:08 am »
Yeah they are.  Capitalism is all about personal property.  Copyrights are personal property.
Copyrights are an abstract concept, not something that can typically be bought and sold. In a pure capitalist system, the government would mandate people's ability to use a product.

Copyrights are totally an American ideal, but America isn't a pure capitalist world.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 12:51:31 am »
That's exactly what they do. The problem is that when you download, you generally upload, too.   

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 12:56:33 am »
Copyrights are an abstract concept, not something that can typically be bought and sold. In a pure capitalist system, the government would mandate people's ability to use a product.
Copyrights can still be sold.  The government mandating what products people use is FAR from capitalism it sounds.
Copyrights are totally an American ideal, but America isn't a pure capitalist world.
That doesn't mean that they aren't apart of capitalism.

Copyrights ensure the property rights for the idea just as deeds ensure the rights to a tract of land.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 12:59:52 am »

That's exactly what they do. The problem is that when you download, you generally upload, too.   
ahh yes that makes sense when you seed you upload... ok well i think i have learned my lesson. i am not downloading any more movies.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 01:01:11 am »
ahh yes that makes sense when you seed you upload... ok well i think i have learned my lesson. i am not downloading any more movies.

You upload before you seed as well.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 01:02:20 am »
And that's why you should stop using torrents. :P
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 01:11:37 am »
trying to stop downloading junk is like trying to stop smoking.. you have to go a little at a time to finally break the addiction...

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2007, 01:47:36 am »
:|

I have an average of like >2gb/day of downloads from torrents over the past year or two. I think the real answer is stop downloading the garbage the **AA puts out, that's what gets you in trouble.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2007, 01:56:26 am »
:|

I have an average of like >2gb/day of downloads from torrents over the past year or two. I think the real answer is stop downloading the garbage the **AA puts out, that's what gets you in trouble.

Unfortunately, the RIAA represents almost all of the music most people listen to.  I don't know about movies, but the one I downloaded was pretty obscure, I think.  It was produced by NBC, though.

trust

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2007, 02:31:46 am »

Yeah most likely what they nabbed you for is uploading. They have little bots that just get a list of connected ips to the torrent and even if you aren't transmitting any data they'll still flag you. I remember reading a thing on it back when this happened to me. Usually though they'll try going for the big uploaders because they get a more effective outcome for the legal money and effort put in. Unless they decide to make an example out of you.

But yes torrents are very unsafe and should only be used sparingly, and even then probably not. I only use them for downloading small programs for my Mac now.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2007, 03:13:31 am »
I torrent stuff all the time. Just got to know where to look and what to get.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2007, 03:48:19 am »
I torrent stuff all the time. Just got to know where to look and what to get.

I think that's the dilemma.  That isn't always possible. :)