Author Topic: Dude pays BIG tax bill with SMALL bills and coins  (Read 7514 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Dude pays BIG tax bill with SMALL bills and coins
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2007, 11:59:59 am »
And like I replied to Hitmen, he succeeded in wasting the time of a civil servant and the people standing behind him. Woo.
He didnt waste the time of the civil servant because thats their job.  The time of the other people waiting, yeah.  But that just illustrates to the other customers how crazy taxes are

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2007, 01:00:41 pm »
And like I replied to Hitmen, he succeeded in wasting the time of a civil servant and the people standing behind him. Woo.
I feel bad for the counters, but I don't feel bad about the customers.  IMO, it's not smart to get in line behind a guy with a WHEELBARROW of money.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2007, 01:14:42 pm »
I feel bad for the counters, but I don't feel bad about the customers.  IMO, it's not smart to get in line behind a guy with a WHEELBARROW of money.
lol.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2007, 01:42:58 pm »
He didnt waste the time of the civil servant because thats their job.  The time of the other people waiting, yeah.  But that just illustrates to the other customers how crazy taxes are
It's not their job for putting up with assholes. If somebody came into my store when I used to work with cash, and brought in a significant amount of change, it pissed me off. It would make me angry, and ruin my day, and their "protest" wouldn't do a thing. It's not their job to put up with stupid things.

I'm sure the other "customers" (funny word) who are paying their taxes know how crazy taxes are.

Offline Falcon

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2007, 01:46:21 pm »
I think like hitmen said, he illustrated the huge waste of govt and also allowed us to have some sort of grasp on how much $12k really is when we pay it in taxes
Then why don't companies pay their employees with one dollar bills and pennies too so the employee can "grasp" how much they're making.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2007, 03:52:01 pm »
He didnt waste the time of the civil servant because thats their job. The time of the other people waiting, yeah. But that just illustrates to the other customers how crazy taxes are
It's not their job for putting up with assholes. If somebody came into my store when I used to work with cash, and brought in a significant amount of change, it pissed me off. It would make me angry, and ruin my day, and their "protest" wouldn't do a thing. It's not their job to put up with stupid things.

I'm sure the other "customers" (funny word) who are paying their taxes know how crazy taxes are.

Whether or not the tax payer was trying to be an asshole in his attempt at protesting, the person on the other end of the counter is still being paid to do their job.  I do agree that it's not one's job to put up with stupid things, but in an isolated incident like this, does it really matter?  If you had to do it on a day-to-day basis, then it'd definitely be worth making a fuss over.

Besides, the way you feel is a choice made by you, especially if it's something that you allow to get under your skin when it really doesn't have to be that way at all.

Personally, I think his "protest" would've been more effective had he included others in on it, but either way, it's still going to be money lost for the parties on both ends.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 04:08:35 pm by Explicit[nK] »
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2007, 07:29:04 pm »

Its their job to accept valid payment which he brought in

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2007, 05:08:25 pm »
dont counters have those machines you see in the bank? the one where it counts the money for you...

so if you were a register person and a dude came in with a whole stack of penny's would you accept it?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2007, 06:44:16 pm »
so if you were a register person and a dude came in with a whole stack of penny's would you accept it?
I dont know what the policies for private busineses are, but if I was a cashier for a gov't entity I'd have to accept it