Author Topic: Nokia's iPhone  (Read 3373 times)

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Nokia's iPhone
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 10:34:39 pm »
Score!
I'll have to check that out and compare reviews of the 2 for when I get a new phone next summer

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 10:42:06 pm »
Cool. I'll stick with my iPhone, since something tells me Apple can leave this thing in the dust if it becomes a threat. ;)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 10:56:16 pm »
It's not an apple product, sooo it'll probably be like $200 cheaper
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 11:07:56 pm »
It's not an apple product, sooo it'll probably be like $200 cheaper
And won't kill the environment.  And won't have crappy customer service.  I miss anything ???

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 11:14:13 pm »
And won't have crappy customer service.

Apple has crappy customer service? That's the one thing I truly love about Apple: their customer service and support is incredible.

I brought my phone in, they took one look at it, and replaced it. Zero questions asked.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 11:16:11 pm »
Well, it's made by Nokia, so about 4 days after the warranty expires the antenna will break, the screen will crack, and you'll have to replace it or pay $858493 to get it fixed.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 11:23:34 pm »

Apple has crappy customer service? That's the one thing I truly love about Apple: their customer service and support is incredible.

I brought my phone in, they took one look at it, and replaced it. Zero questions asked.
Oh, I dont even know what an Apple Store looks like.  We have to send stuff away and it takes forever + 3

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 06:38:10 am »

Oh, I dont even know what an Apple Store looks like.  We have to send stuff away and it takes forever + 3

I brought my Zune into an apple store. Yes, I walk on the wild side.
They seriously looked like they were going to eat me.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 08:45:45 am »

Not true. I live in Canada, and, when my iPod broke, I had to send it for warranty. Basically, I went to Apple's site and put in the serial number. This was a Tuesday. The next day (Wednesday), Fedex arrived with an empty box from Apple and a phone number to call for pickup. I put the iPod in the specially designed foam inside the box (there was a iPod-sized hole in it!) and called the number the next day (Thursday). Fedex came and got it that day, and a brand new one arrived on Monday. That was a total of 6 days, or 4 business days, and it would have been even faster if I'd called Fedex right away.

Apple's warranty is the best I've ever seen.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 10:02:33 am »

Not true. I live in Canada, and, when my iPod broke, I had to send it for warranty. Basically, I went to Apple's site and put in the serial number. This was a Tuesday. The next day (Wednesday), Fedex arrived with an empty box from Apple and a phone number to call for pickup. I put the iPod in the specially designed foam inside the box (there was a iPod-sized hole in it!) and called the number the next day (Thursday). Fedex came and got it that day, and a brand new one arrived on Monday. That was a total of 6 days, or 4 business days, and it would have been even faster if I'd called Fedex right away.

Apple's warranty is the best I've ever seen.
Totally not the experience friends have had!  I guess maybe it was the few exceptions