Author Topic: Man has $23,000 taken by DEA. Bonus: He didn't do anything wrong  (Read 4458 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Man has $23,000 taken by DEA. Bonus: He didn't do anything wrong
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 11:09:31 am »
Pretty sure it's legal for money to be taken as drug money on basis of suspicion. It's not like they'll keep it if it turns out to be wrong.
If your money is taken for drug related purposes, chances are you're behind bars without the ability to spend it anyhow.
But the suspicion would only have to be based on just a hunch that he is (from what the article says) as he had nothing else on him

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 11:18:16 am »
Pretty sure it's legal for money to be taken as drug money on basis of suspicion. It's not like they'll keep it if it turns out to be wrong.
If your money is taken for drug related purposes, chances are you're behind bars without the ability to spend it anyhow.
But the suspicion would only have to be based on just a hunch that he is (from what the article says) as he had nothing else on him
Keep in mind that the only source of information for the article is the driver, so there is a high probability that it's slanted.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 11:21:59 am »
Not necessarily.  There are going to be official reports of such

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 01:19:57 pm »
But the article doesn't discuss those. It specifically states that everybody (except the trucker) were unavailable for comments.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2007, 12:48:52 pm »
But the article doesn't discuss those. It specifically states that everybody (except the trucker) were unavailable for comments.

Would it be possible that officials refuse to comment because they're trying to save face?  I see it happen too often here in Seattle, and I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case for this as well.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.