Author Topic: Busted  (Read 9369 times)

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Busted
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2007, 02:01:49 am »
This happened to me with Cox as well, except it was the Business Software Assocation that contacted Cox because I downloaded and was seeding MS Visual Studio .NET Pro...  What's surprising is my parent's really didn't overreact like I though they would.  My dad just said "Mike, you know better than to steal from Microsoft."

So I just *deleted* the torrent and illegal content from my HDD like the Cox e-mail said to... aka just stopped seeding it :P.

Oh, this incident had no effect on the amount of copyrighted material I pirate.  For me, once a pirate, always a pirate.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 02:04:15 am by Michael »
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2007, 09:14:46 am »
For me, once a pirate, always a pirate.
I thought like that once. Then I discovered that I could get everything I needed for free without supporting commercial companies (either financially or morally), so now I don't pirate anything illegally (keeping in mind that downloading music here isn't illegal).

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2007, 09:39:35 am »
For me, once a pirate, always a pirate.
I thought like that once. Then I discovered that I could get everything I needed for free without supporting commercial companies (either financially or morally), so now I don't pirate anything illegally (keeping in mind that downloading music here isn't illegal).
that gives me a reason to move to canada.. that and you can legally drink at 18, and some of my family is in canada