Author Topic: Ergot is a liar  (Read 3945 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Ergot is a liar
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 08:43:11 pm »
I thought you were saying how that the advantage of a console is that it will last 5 years? Remember that?

Well, as an example, Madden 08 is out on the original XBox. So, you can get modern-day games that still run on the original XBox. No real need to upgrade.

:)

Way to contradict yourself. I'll say yea, they are cheap for only XBox -> 360. (Wii doesn't count the actual hardware improvement is minimal). I can't say that it would last longer than it would for a PC though.

I have issues playing modern-day games on my computer. Serious slowdown and lag occurs, and I have to run the games in low graphics. I spent a boltload of money configuring my computer approximately 3-4 years ago. Shame, isn't it?

3-4 years later, the games that run on the XBox still look fantastic. And experience no lag. And on the 360, they're even better.

Oh yea, and if you want to play some old computer game, you can just bust out the old computer and play them. See, you're not playing to old Atari games on the 360 are you? Why talk about DOS games on XP... (Though I thought you highly praised Vista, lol the irony).

You can bust out your old Atari console though, can't ya? And I am willing to wager you could play Atari games on the 360 if you modded it and managed to put the Atari game on media (DVD?) the 360 could read.

You'd seriously rebuild your entire rig every 3-4 years? I'd just upgrade what needed (RAM, video card, processor at times) but if you're gonna go all out, be my guest. That just makes it even more expensive. :)

I mentioned XP because if I have trouble running DOS games in XP, good luck in Vista. Though System Shock 2 worked out-of-the-box on Vista, and I've had nothing but problems on XP for it... so :|.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 08:50:33 pm »
Console games suck unless they're guitar hero. End of story.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 09:30:49 pm »
I thought you were saying how that the advantage of a console is that it will last 5 years? Remember that?

Well, as an example, Madden 08 is out on the original XBox. So, you can get modern-day games that still run on the original XBox. No real need to upgrade.

:)

Way to contradict yourself. I'll say yea, they are cheap for only XBox -> 360. (Wii doesn't count the actual hardware improvement is minimal). I can't say that it would last longer than it would for a PC though.

I have issues playing modern-day games on my computer. Serious slowdown and lag occurs, and I have to run the games in low graphics. I spent a boltload of money configuring my computer approximately 3-4 years ago. Shame, isn't it?

3-4 years later, the games that run on the XBox still look fantastic. And experience no lag. And on the 360, they're even better.
Right, new games for the 360 that they make compatible for XBox looks like shit, just like your old shitty PC has to run new games at low graphics.
Oh yea, and if you want to play some old computer game, you can just bust out the old computer and play them. See, you're not playing to old Atari games on the 360 are you? Why talk about DOS games on XP... (Though I thought you highly praised Vista, lol the irony).

You can bust out your old Atari console though, can't ya? And I am willing to wager you could play Atari games on the 360 if you modded it and managed to put the Atari game on media (DVD?) the 360 could read.

You'd seriously rebuild your entire rig every 3-4 years? I'd just upgrade what needed (RAM, video card, processor at times) but if you're gonna go all out, be my guest. That just makes it even more expensive. :)

I mentioned XP because if I have trouble running DOS games in XP, good luck in Vista. Though System Shock 2 worked out-of-the-box on Vista, and I've had nothing but problems on XP for it... so :|.
Oh yea, and if you want to play some old computer game, you can just bust out the old computer and play them.
I'm sure those old DOS games run pretty well under WINE or w/e else you have to MOD to get them to work.

Can we just agree that both have their own strengths and weaknesses and it's really comes down to user preference? Or are you going to keep struggling to come up with things that are easily refutable and/or use logical fallacies?
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 09:43:50 pm »
Pretty sure my point was that not having a console isn't abnormal :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2007, 10:02:43 pm »
I mentioned XP because if I have trouble running DOS games in XP, good luck in Vista.
Don't forget DOSBox. Running DOS games under Windows or Linux is sweet :)