Author Topic: People throw away useful stuff..  (Read 1509 times)

Offline chuck

• Canadian Biathlete
    • View Profile
    • Chucks Blog
People throw away useful stuff..
« on: October 06, 2007, 08:57:26 pm »
I just got back from the recycling depot earlier today, and managed to find a few cool things:

1.8ghz system, all hard drives, pci/agp cards, and ram gutted, but after putting a video card + ram in it it powered up fine. This was an awesome find, and is now going to be my main linux box when I get a 512 ddr stick for it. I think one or two more where there, but I have no room for any more of them.

19" or 20" flat screen CRT. Almost perfect condition, one small hairline scratch thats only noticeable when you look for it. The military base here probably got rid of it because they switched to LCD's.

400mhz AMD K6-2 Baby-AT system. No USB/PS2 slots, so its basically destined to be a server. I put it aside for now until I get the time to make a IPCop box outta it.

And last, but not least, a projector. Its one of those kinds that you can plug into a computer and project onto a wall or something. The only thing that appears wrong with it is it has no bulb in it, and it seems its only 300$~ to replace it.

I saw plenty of good 15-19" monitors there, a bunch of good USB keyboards/mice, and many older AT/ATX systems. But I only have so much room in my house, so I couldn't grab more...
Chucks Blog
JavaOp2 Plugins

Error, keyboard not connected. Press F1 to continue.

Offline Falcon

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
Re: People throw away useful stuff..
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 12:31:57 am »
... Grab them and send them to me :)