Author Topic: Kevin Smith kicked off plane for being fat  (Read 6068 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Kevin Smith kicked off plane for being fat
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 11:04:11 pm »
That is hilarious.  I feel bad for him, thought.  Must have been super embarrassing.
Um. He's Kevin Smith.
So? He's said many times throughout this ordeal that it was incredibly embarrassing, and how it sucks that the thing he's now most famous for is "too fat to fly".

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 01:07:51 am »
So? He's said many times throughout this ordeal that it was incredibly embarrassing, and how it sucks that the thing he's now most famous for is "too fat to fly".
Well, even after having read this story a couple hours after it was released, "Kevin Smith" in my mind still doesn't toggle "fat guy stuck in airplane seat". Instead, I recall delightful gems from Clerks, Mallrats, etc. I could just be weird though.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 08:22:27 am »
Well, even after having read this story a couple hours after it was released, "Kevin Smith" in my mind still doesn't toggle "fat guy stuck in airplane seat". Instead, I recall delightful gems from Clerks, Mallrats, etc. I could just be weird though.
Clerks, Mallrats, et al are great for a specific audience. Smith says he often gets recognized as "the clerk's guy" (including on that flight before getting kicked off). But this is the first time he's had any kind of mainstream exposure.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010, 07:05:01 pm »
Lloyd Kaufman, my other favourite director besides Kevin Smith, wrote a blog somewhat related to Kevin Smith's called "Why the Airlines have BIGGER Problems than Fat Movie Directors!" -- check it out at
http://www.troma.com/lloyd/

The point is, basically, "The fact that he was insulted is a symptom of the fact that Delta (Name co-shares) and United (name co-shares) have created a cartel just like the media cartel. They do not need to compete. Their employees are nasty and hideous and mostly because they can be."

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 05:28:12 am »

Isn't this his fault for publicising it?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 08:30:01 am »
Isn't this his fault for publicising it?
People on the plane recognized him and saw him getting kicked off. It probably wouldn't have been such a big story if he hadn't said anything, though.

The reason he said something in the first place is because he was pissed off/embarrassed by the situation. Tweeting ultimately made it worse, probably, but eh?