Author Topic: Verizon Phones  (Read 3245 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Verizon Phones
« on: October 21, 2007, 02:50:24 am »
Tomorrow I am going in and demanding a new phone.
I bought a "chocolate" LG phone last august (2006) and am currently on the 4th which just broke tonight.

First phone: whenever I pushed the camera button it shut off
Second phone: SOMEHOW I crack the inner LCD screen & the crystals were leaking (everything else was fine, however, only the INSIDE screen cracked)
Third phone: driving to Albuquerque it died (I assume a "heat stroke" kind of thing as it was on my dash charging
Fourth phone: screen is just white, God only knows what happened

I am just so f'ing pissed about this phone.
If they don't allow me to get something different tomorrow I'll be livid :mad: !!!
I might just have to kick someone's ass if they're not quick about the service, too.

So what's a good phone that verizon has?

trust

Re: Verizon Phones
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 05:27:49 am »
env

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 10:04:31 am »
Threaten to move to another carrier.  That always works.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 12:06:37 pm »
Threaten to move to another carrier.  That always works.
Other carriers here suck WAY more than Verizon, and they pretty much know it :(>:(

TMobile might be the best option, though.

We have cingulair, but its in a radioshack in the mall :-\.  Sprint and Alltel BLOW ASS here.

Trust, then ENV?  I dislike that phone :(.  Too big, I want something sleek looking.

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 12:23:49 pm »
Go with Cingular.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 12:30:52 pm »
I think the service here is supposed to be horrible. :'(

trust

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 01:00:32 pm »
verizon has a new phone coming out (maybe it's released already I'm not sure) that is very slim, my RA was looking at it about a week ago. Check that out.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 01:03:33 pm »
Why does it matter how nice it looks? Shouldn't your primary concerns be durability, battery life,call quality, antenna and receiver strength, etc.? Then again, maybe I'm just old-fashioned and would rather have something that works great and is plain looking rather than something that's pretty and doesn't work very well.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 01:05:54 pm by dark_drake »
errr... something like that...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 01:47:16 pm »
Why does it matter how nice it looks? Shouldn't your primary concerns be durability, battery life,call quality, antenna and receiver strength, etc.? Then again, maybe I'm just old-fashioned and would rather have something that works great and is plain looking rather than something that's pretty and doesn't work very well.
Haha, I'm always surprised at how much emphasis people put on phones' appearances. My phone is a few years old (2003, maybe?), and is ugly by today's standards, but I love it! Sadly, it needs a new battery. :(

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 05:22:13 pm »
My next verizon phone is going to be the LG VX8350. It's not particularly, uh, sleek looking, but I've heard good things about reception, sound quality, battery life, and the usability (UI), which are the things I care about.

<3
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 05:49:55 pm »
Having a sexy-looking phone gets you laid though, who cares about usability?
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2007, 05:53:16 pm »
Something sleek, not bulky.  I dont mean so it looks 'sexy,' just something that isnt bulky and awkward to hold

Anyway, they wouldnt let me switch it out at all because it hasnt shown a continuous history of breaking (even though I'm on my 5th since august 06).
But they said my contract was up for renewal in april, I'll get something then.  Until that time I have yet another new chocolate.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 09:15:16 pm »

As an owner of an iPhone, I can safely say no it doesn't. :P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2007, 09:58:34 pm »

As an owner of an iPhone, I can safely say no it doesn't. :P

I already told you, I'm making the loss of your virginity one of my top goals while I'm down in San Diego. Yes, I _will_ get you some pussy soon enough. And it's going to be on account of your iPhone. :)
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2007, 10:02:52 pm »
Good good. :)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT.