Author Topic: Letter to prof asking for removal of test dates, thoughts?  (Read 7114 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Letter to prof asking for removal of test dates, thoughts?
« on: October 24, 2007, 10:18:13 am »
I'm taking an online class and our prof has set dates (about 48 hours) to take tests.  Each test you take 1 time and have 90 minutes to complete.  In the syllabus he wrote "This course is designed to be completed 100% on-line and asynchronously at each student’s own pace." and I feel that having specified tests dates conflicts with the design of the course.  I would like to be able to take more than one test on some weekends, but many tests are scheduled only during the week (with class, work, and clubs I'm rather busy some days).

Does this little email sound polite enough in asking for him to remove the test dates and allow us to take the tests at will?
Professor Moraros,
I was wondering if there is a possibility to remove the test dates so that I may be able to take the tests at more convenient times and at my own pace, as suggested in the syllabus (referenced in the first bulletin under the Teaching Methods section of the syllabus).
I feel that I would be more productive if able to take the tests when I am available to put forth more effort.

Thank you for the consideration.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Re: Letter to prof asking for removal of test dates, thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 11:24:08 am »
You can't find a single "convenient" time inside of 48 hours?

There has to be some structure to coursework.  If everyone was permitted to go at any pace the course could take a couple of years.  No, there have to be milestones so that the professor can monitor progress effectively, and so you don't just put your studies entirely on the backburner.

Maybe if you'd stop drinking (illegally), you might be able to actually do your schoolwork.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 02:24:30 pm »
Some days it is hard to find an hour and a half of solid free time to take the test.

The 2 online classes I've had allow for either a week's period to find time for the test or just make all of the tests available at the beginning at the course.  I took it online from this prof because that is how his course has been in the past and that would work very well with my schedule.
He doesnt have any work to do other than the 1 essay and writing the tests, they're all multiple choice and are graded automatically.

I have stopped drinking illegally, it's been almost 2 months since I last drank illegally.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 02:29:58 pm »
 I don't know anything about the online class so I can't provide an opinion on whether the test dates are important or frivolous.

However, earning how to tell your friends "I can't do anything this week, I have a shitload of homework" and then following through is an important life lesson that you need at some point.  I can't tell you how many times I've turned my cell phone off,  found a secluded corner in the library, and just buckled down.  You'd be surprised how productive you can be if you shut out all distractions and clear your head.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 04:07:30 pm »
I have stopped drinking illegally, it's been almost 2 months since I last drank illegally.

Same here; my 21st was in August.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 04:17:02 pm »
I don't know anything about the online class so I can't provide an opinion on whether the test dates are important or frivolous.

However, earning how to tell your friends "I can't do anything this week, I have a shitload of homework" and then following through is an important life lesson that you need at some point.  I can't tell you how many times I've turned my cell phone off,  found a secluded corner in the library, and just buckled down.  You'd be surprised how productive you can be if you shut out all distractions and clear your head.
Agreed. I spent huge chunks of school terms without instant messaging. I find that to be the most distracting.

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 04:17:17 pm »
That's really beside the point.  Quit partying.  School first.

I find it exceptionally hard to believe that you can't find 1.5 hours inside of a 48-hour span, considering I've been working 70-hour weeks and taking an on-campus master's class.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 04:54:44 pm »
[ I've been working 70-hour weeks
You are f***ing crazy if I remember about how much you are making correctly.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 06:21:34 pm »

Oh, I can do that.  For example: I have a paper due tomorrow that I need to collect the last bit of info for (price comparissons for groceries & gas in two economically different areas) but friends are going out to dinner.  What am I doing?  I'm leaving work in about 30 minutes to drive around town looking at prices at gas stations and grocery stores then home to put it into the paper and revise the thing.
I'm fine not hanging out with friends if I have homework, what sucks is when I have a test starts tuesday @ 12am ending thursday @ 12am.  Tuesday is class then work then college republicans, so basically I'm free after 8pm.  So we'll assume I can start the exam at 830ish pm, provided I dont have homework I need to do for the next day.
Now what would be more conveinent would be me taking the exam saturday morning when I have virtually jack shit to do.

I haven't said that it is impossible for me to find time, just rather inconveinent and that I would most likely be more productive if I wasn't stressed about the exam + other things ... which is why I took the course online, because I understood the course structure to be "free"

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 08:43:06 pm »
Professor Moraros,
I am writing to ask that the dates for the exams be removed.  I feel that I would be more productive if allowed to take the tests at my conveinence instead of during a set time.  I current attend class full time, work part time, and am in two student organizations so time is an issue.  I believe I can put more effort into the tests if I am not rushing to do them at 10:00pm after a club meeting.  Generally I have a fair amount of free time weekend mornings and would like the option to be able to complete multiple tests in one day.  Also, I would prefer to work at my own pace, as you wrote in the syllabus ("This course is designed to be completed 100% on-line and asynchronously at each student’s own pace.").

Thanks for the consideration,
   Tyler
This maybe?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 08:48:08 pm »
current => currently in the third sentence.  To be honest, though, the second letter makes you sound sort of like an asshole.  I think the better one was a better approach.

Seriously, though, as others have said, I suggest you learn to deal with it.  I end up skipping meetings all the time so that I can work on homework or take a test.  The clubs understand and I don't miss out on too much.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 08:54:55 pm »
You spelled "convenience" incorrectly. I stopped reading there because I actually have a lot of work to do myself, and it would be sorta hypocritical to procrastinate. :)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 08:58:00 pm »
current => currently in the third sentence.  To be honest, though, the second letter makes you sound sort of like an asshole.  I think the better one was a better approach.

Seriously, though, as others have said, I suggest you learn to deal with it.
I shouldn't just "deal with it" when the instructor is contradicting himself and "instructing" the class in a manner that does not coincide with the purpose of taking the class online.

Any how, I haven't proof read any of the letters, someone just suggested I explain it a little more and point out that he said the class should be at "my own pace."
Whatever, if all of you are going to be pricks and not help I'll ask my dog ... at least he will be of more help.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 09:04:21 pm »
I'm not going to argue with you.  I'll just say that I think you're being a whiny bitch and leave it at that. :)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 09:23:03 pm »

Seriously, though, as others have said, I suggest you learn to deal with it.
I shouldn't just "deal with it" when the instructor is contradicting himself and "instructing" the class in a manner that does not coincide with the purpose of taking the class online.

Any how, I haven't proof read any of the letters, someone just suggested I explain it a little more and point out that he said the class should be at "my own pace."
Whatever, if all of you are going to be pricks and not help I'll ask my dog ... at least he will be of more help.
This is the second time I'm warning you: please cut out the attitude.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 09:24:52 pm »
The attitude?
Everyone in this thread is being obnoxious about it and you're saying I have an attitude?

Also, I don't appreciate having a thread I locked unlocked.  That is very unprofessional.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 09:37:12 pm »

You do realize that a complete-at-your-own-pace means you complete the material at your own pace. You can absorb and finish the material in 48 minutes or 48 hours. It never said 'finish learning a semester worth of material at your own pace" -- such a class would be unrealistic. See MyndFyre's comment.

Didn't realize this was supposed to be locked. I apologize.

(Administrators can post in locked threads, don't blame us!)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 09:39:08 pm by Newby »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2007, 09:45:53 pm »
I unlocked it.  I don't see why you locked it and I'm pretty sure that we've intended to not allow members to lock their own threads.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2007, 09:51:59 pm »
The attitude?
Everyone in this thread is being obnoxious about it and you're saying I have an attitude?

Also, I don't appreciate having a thread I locked unlocked.  That is very unprofessional.
Yes, you have an attitude. The people aren't being "obnoxious", they're pointing out the flaws in your logic. If you don't want an opinion, don't open it up for discussion. They obviously aren't going to want you to skim the whole semester the night before the exam, do the exam by rote, and remember nothing. And I have a feeling that, given the option, a lot of people would do that. As such, they have to have some kind of structure. If you want to write a pointless note to a professor who understands the problem better than you, go ahead, but people here probably aren't going to be much help.

Incidentally, the first instance is here. Not really the same situation, but an obvious attempt at inciting anger.

And for what it's worth, when me and Newby posted the thread had already been unlocked. We tried to disable locking threads awhile ago, since it's generally annoying, but apparently it didn't work. SMF's permissions are ridiculous..

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2007, 09:54:44 pm »
Oh, I can do that.  For example: I have a paper due tomorrow that I need to collect the last bit of info for (price comparissons for groceries & gas in two economically different areas) but friends are going out to dinner.  What am I doing?  I'm leaving work in about 30 minutes to drive around town looking at prices at gas stations and grocery stores then home to put it into the paper and revise the thing.
I'm fine not hanging out with friends if I have homework, what sucks is when I have a test starts tuesday @ 12am ending thursday @ 12am.  Tuesday is class then work then college republicans, so basically I'm free after 8pm.  So we'll assume I can start the exam at 830ish pm, provided I dont have homework I need to do for the next day.
Now what would be more conveinent would be me taking the exam saturday morning when I have virtually jack shit to do.

I haven't said that it is impossible for me to find time, just rather inconveinent and that I would most likely be more productive if I wasn't stressed about the exam + other things ... which is why I took the course online, because I understood the course structure to be "free"
How far in advance did you know what date the test would be? A day? A week? more?  Anything more than a week-ish and you shouldn't have a problem moving the flexible stuff around (including when you do your homework).  I have to replan my homework schedule more than half the time when I have a big test coming up.

The reason I'm not being helpful with the letter is because I disagree that it should be sent.  It would be hypocritical to help with something I disagree with and I don't think I am being an asshole (maybe a bit pretentious depending on how you read it).

Quote from: SiDOH!
I think the better one was a better approach.
Really? I thought the worst one had the best approach. :P

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2007, 09:57:34 pm »
Really? I thought the worst one had the best approach. :P

Clearly!  Well said.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2007, 10:01:37 pm »
iago, don't bring other threads into this.  1) that post was a joke, 2) I'm asking for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and just being ragged on here

Chavo, I can complete the tests during the week at night...but having them available during the weekend (and more than one available) would be beneficial to me so that I can be more productive, no procrastinate (read more in my reply to Newby below).

You do realize that a complete-at-your-own-pace means you complete the material at your own pace. You can absorb and finish the material in 48 minutes or 48 hours. It never said 'finish learning a semester worth of material at your own pace" -- such a class would be unrealistic. See MyndFyre's comment.

Didn't realize this was supposed to be locked. I apologize.

(Administrators can post in locked threads, don't blame us!)
The syllabus does not specify between reading and tests.  The course (from this prof) in the past (last semester) has been completely open as far as when one wishes to complete the tests.
As I said before, the tests are graded automatically so it is no more work for the prof if he were to relax the dates.
I don't want to put the tests off, I want to be able to complete them on weekends when I have more free time and can complete multiple exams.  The goal of my email is to relax the schedule so I can be MORE productive, not less.

Sidoh mentioned he perceives me as being a party first, school second kind of guy.  I know I post about drinking a lot and virtually never about school.  However, I am a rather studious person.  I have just completed revising my paper that is due tomorrow, I have begun a study guide for a test that is next week, and now just need to look up one bit of information and revise a large paper that is due next Thursday.
Whatever image I may project as a partier, I am not.  If I drink and get buzzed during the week (a Thursday) it's because the next day I have all of my assignments completed and the classes are going to be very simple.  The "worst" I ever was about 2-3 weeks ago when I skipped because of a hang over and 1 of my classes was not in session that day and the other two just happened to be reviewing the previous session's exams.  I missed nothing and "aced" the exams following that missed day, but if need be I could've gone and been just fine.
I am a full time student, part time worker, and am in two students organizations (College Republicans and Pi Sigma Alpha which is the government honor society [yes, you have to meet GPA requirements and etc]).  I do live a well rounded life and am not strictly a crazy drinking bastard...although that seems SO much easier to do at times.

And on this note, I need to go look up stuff for that paper and then watch the Rockies sadly lose.  (I don't have a test available to take right now so don't even mention that)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2007, 10:11:35 pm »
iago, don't bring other threads into this.  1) that post was a joke, 2) I'm asking for CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and just being ragged on here
First of all, it's rare for a post to really bother me, especially one from a member. Yet, that has happened twice today. That indicates a problem, at least to me.

Second, how is suggesting ways to avoid this problem non-constructive? It sounds pretty constructive to me. Or do you consider something non-constructive when it doesn't agree with what you think?

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2007, 11:05:49 pm »
Chavo, I can complete the tests during the week at night...but having them available during the weekend (and more than one available) would be beneficial to me so that I can be more productive, no procrastinate (read more in my reply to Newby below).
Please tell me that you understand that there has got to be SOME level of structure in a class.  The professor can't just let everyone go on their own pace and then all of a sudden the entire class has done four exams all in one weekend the week before grades are due.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 12:10:24 am »
Try this:

Professor,

I've taken on too many commitments to be able to complete the tasks expected of me for this course. Could you kindly remove me from the class roll?

Thanks,
Your secret admirer

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 12:17:31 am »
Please tell me that you understand that there has got to be SOME level of structure in a class.  The professor can't just let everyone go on their own pace and then all of a sudden the entire class has done four exams all in one weekend the week before grades are due.
Your perception of the class would make sense if the instructor had to manually grade the exams, however, the exams are graded automatically by the system.

Generally, online general education courses and "viewing a wider world" classes (upper division gen eds, basically) are "at your own pace."

Also, I've noted numerous times that the PROFESSOR wrote in the syllabus that the class is supposed to be "at your own pace."  This is not my suggestion to him, that is what is in the syllabus and I would just like the benefit of being able to work on the exams when I have free time.  Further, because this is a Viewing a Wider World class he understands that the majority of students are enrolled because they basically have to be...there are other classes I can take but they work even LESS with my schedule than this one does.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2007, 01:08:07 am »
I'm curious as to how a college can justify giving credit for a completely online class. I can see online quizzes or homework (which account for a small portion of the grade), but I can't see exams where the only thing stopping someone from cheating a double click to open up a new browser window. Shouldn't there at least be something that tests your knowledge of the material and not your ability to search for something on Google?
errr... something like that...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 01:10:12 am »
I'd figure that, too.  But in these gen ed and gen ed-like courses no one really cares...not the profs, even.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2007, 02:00:58 am »
Some days it is hard to find an hour and a half of solid free time to take the test.

The 2 online classes I've had allow for either a week's period to find time for the test or just make all of the tests available at the beginning at the course.  I took it online from this prof because that is how his course has been in the past and that would work very well with my schedule.
He doesnt have any work to do other than the 1 essay and writing the tests, they're all multiple choice and are graded automatically.
  Alright, so why do these 2 past online courses you've taken have any relevance to your argument?  Where I go to school professors can structure their coursework and such however they want, within reason of course.  Unless there's some university-wide or departmental policy stating that online classes must be structured the same manner as those 2 online courses you've taken previously, then I fail to see what's not 'within reason' concerning your professor's requirements for the online course.

Secondly,  "He doesnt have any work to do other than the 1 essay and writing the tests, they're all multiple choice and are graded automatically."
This really doesn't sound to me like this course is asking THAT much of you.  Really, there are online courses at my university that requires WEEKLY homework (including gened courses).

Your perception of the class would make sense if the instructor had to manually grade the exams, however, the exams are graded automatically by the system.

Generally, online general education courses and "viewing a wider world" classes (upper division gen eds, basically) are "at your own pace."

Also, I've noted numerous times that the PROFESSOR wrote in the syllabus that the class is supposed to be "at your own pace."  This is not my suggestion to him, that is what is in the syllabus and I would just like the benefit of being able to work on the exams when I have free time.  Further, because this is a Viewing a Wider World class he understands that the majority of students are enrolled because they basically have to be...there are other classes I can take but they work even LESS with my schedule than this one does.

What "at your own pace" means is all up to an individual's own interpretation.  From my point of view, online courses are just a way of replacing the in-class lecture of regular courses with a course that allows students to learn what would otherwise be taught in the in-class lecture on their own, within a weekly interval (credit hours for a course are done on a weekly basis at my university). 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 02:19:40 am by Michael »
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2007, 03:22:07 am »
I'm curious as to how a college can justify giving credit for a completely online class. I can see online quizzes or homework (which account for a small portion of the grade), but I can't see exams where the only thing stopping someone from cheating a double click to open up a new browser window. Shouldn't there at least be something that tests your knowledge of the material and not your ability to search for something on Google?

My online Master's program (http://www.asuengineeringonline.com/online/?page=online_meng_se) requires that if I take online courses I need to designate a proctor to be approved by the university.  Furthermore, all of the course material is identical to the in-class stuff - the class I'm currently enrolled in videorecords lectures and presents all the material through the CPD website (see link for "CPD").

So, your interpretation is that University policy should be that students can take the shit courses - gen-eds - for as long as they want to?

The syllabus says A and B.  You interpret (though not necessarily correctly) that A cannot always be true if B is true.  So you arbitrarily, for your convenience, want your professor to negate A.  (In this case, A is set test-dates and B is "at your own pace").

I've found that professors are typically approachable about moving a test for a special need but not for the entire semester.  The other reason for having a set period in which you can take a test is so that you can't cheat.

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2007, 03:30:54 am »
My online Master's program (http://www.asuengineeringonline.com/online/?page=online_meng_se) requires that if I take online courses I need to designate a proctor to be approved by the university.  Furthermore, all of the course material is identical to the in-class stuff - the class I'm currently enrolled in videorecords lectures and presents all the material through the CPD website (see link for "CPD").
I can understand the whole proctor thing, but with CrAz3D's university, it sounds as if they don't have anything to prevent cheating. That's the only reason I was wondering.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2007, 09:41:06 am »
The course still lasts as long as the semester lasts (actually, it is a mini-semester class so it is the last half of the fall).

The concept of online courses is so that you can work in your free time, that is why he wrote "at your own pace" in the syllabus.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2007, 09:46:55 am »
I can understand the whole proctor thing, but with CrAz3D's university, it sounds as if they don't have anything to prevent cheating. That's the only reason I was wondering.
Well, it would be like having an open-book or take-home exam -- they should prevent cheating not by requiring memorization of facts that could be looked up, but by asking for inspection and depth.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2007, 03:59:33 pm »

My mom does that. Lol.
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2007, 04:25:49 pm »
Here's the way I see it-

If the course wasn't an online course, and the professor gave you a 48-hour period during which you could come in to take a sit-down test, it'd be absurd to ask that period to be extended. I don't see why it should be any different for an online test.

If there are exceptional circumstances for why you cant take the test in any given 48-hour period, I'm sure your professor will accommodate you, but doesn't appear to be the case.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2007, 04:55:32 pm »
I'm not saying I can't, I'm saying that based on what he wrote in the syllabus and previous online course experience and info from friends...this is generally not how this course operates.

I took it under the impression of my past experience and my friends' experience (with this same course & prof in fact).  That's why I'm asking for the modification in test dates.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Prof replied
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2007, 05:47:18 pm »
Hi Tyler,

I empathize with your plight and I have given your request due deliberation and careful
consideration.

Therefore, I have decided to "relax" the deadlines so as to make completion and
submission of the exams more "student friendly" while still retaining some control over
the deadlines in an effort to ensure that people do not fall helplessly behind schedule.

I believe you will find the adjustments to be fair and equatable. Hopefully, the students in
the course will take full advantage of the opportunity I proffer them and subsequently, I
expect them (as well as you) to perform much better in our  forthcoming examinations.

Study hard and good luck!

Cheers, John. 

Rock on!
He openned all of the tests so that I can complete as many as I want whenever I want but removed all start dates.  I am currently able to take all of the exams at once, if I so wish.
Score.
Just gotta outline these chapters so I do better (like WAY better) than I did on my last exam.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Prof replied
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2007, 07:07:51 pm »
Hopefully, the students in
the course will take full advantage of the opportunity I proffer them and subsequently, I
expect them (as well as you) to perform much better in our  forthcoming examinations.m.

Good luck. The bar has been raised!
- Newby

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2007, 09:08:39 pm »
It'd be interesting to see whether or not the change actually influences people that much. I'm betting that it's not going to make much of a difference; the students are still going to put off taking the exam until they can't avoid it any longer.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2007, 10:34:10 pm »
Hopefully, the students in
expect them (as well as you) to perform much better in our  forthcoming examinations.m.
Good luck. The bar has been raised!
No it hasn't.

It'd be interesting to see whether or not the change actually influences people that much. I'm betting that it's not going to make much of a difference; the students are still going to put off taking the exam until they can't avoid it any longer.
He left the deadlines, just removed the start dates

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2007, 11:10:15 am »
And I disagreed where? I just said that people aren't going to take the exam until the deadline anyway.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2007, 01:41:13 pm »
And I disagreed where? I just said that people aren't going to take the exam until the deadline anyway.
I thought you meant that the students will put it off until the end of the semester...oops.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2007, 01:47:04 pm »
His solution sounds pretty reasonable. Congrats.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Blaze> in my butt
<Blaze> Okay!