Author Topic: Brining a piece of history back to life  (Read 8632 times)

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
Re: Brining a piece of history back to life
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 02:05:37 pm »
How does FSGS act as an entrance to another network again?  Oh thats right...it doesn't.  While I understand that 'gateway' normally refers to routers, I think the definition is very fitting to 'ircbnet' which is a node that acts as an entrance for battle.net bots to IRC networks.  Perhaps this is more along the lines of "proxy"...but in either case, FSGS is neither a gateway nor a proxy.

Have you ever used IRC? Do you even know what it stands for? Here's a picture of what IRC looks like, from Wikipedia.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 02:14:50 pm by Camel »

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 01:49:39 am »
Holy shit, Camel. Did you totally miss what nslay is talking about? He's writing a piece of software that a Battle.net bot can connect to, assuming it's a Battle.net server, which in turn his software will connect to an IRC server and act as a gateway for the chatevents to be sent to IRC from the Battle.net client, and vice-versa.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2007, 12:21:35 pm »
I think you missed my point, Joe. I was saying that FSGS can do everything this gateway could do if it was fully functional, and then more!

Since FSGS is an IRC server, it can interlink with existing IRC networks, and at the same time act as a gateway to BNCS. Effectively, you can put any battle.net CHAT, or binary bot on any IRC server. Hell, you can even play games!

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!