Author Topic: Ever hit a moose?  (Read 7450 times)

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Ever hit a moose?
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 11:31:12 am »
I think they do. They are depicted as crazy in the media, and for the most part they probably are;
Probably?..........................................................
That's hilarious

How is PETA crazy?  I hardly know anything about it, except that it seems to be belittled by people because it's considered a "liberal" organization.  If you are going to list examples of particular members who have said or done questionable things, don't bother; that doesn't answer my question.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 02:18:14 pm »
How is PETA crazy?  I hardly know anything about it, except that it seems to be belittled by people because it's considered a "liberal" organization.  If you are going to list examples of particular members who have said or done questionable things, don't bother; that doesn't answer my question.
I think people who take (and act on) extreme views cause more problems than they solve. People start to hate them, and, by extension, their cause. And that bugs me, because a few PETA members acting on extreme views can ruin it for others who try and protect the rights of animals.

For example, when I told somebody that I had become vegan, they said "you aren't going to throw paint on me when I eat meat, are you?" -- they were obviously joking, but there's a seed of distrust there. They distrust me because I've taken a view that is shared by extremists.

As a result of that type of stereotype, I generally refer to myself as crazy in those situations. It's a lot easier to cut off that argument early by making it into a joke. "I'm a vegan.. yeah, I'm probably crazy, but being crazy can be fun too!" -- it may belittle my beliefs a bit, but it's better than somebody thinking it to themselves.

That's just my 2 cents from what I've seen in the media and experienced myself.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2007, 07:10:30 pm »
Sidoh will forever in my heart be The Moose Man.
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org