Announcements > [x86] Announcements

Speed this morning

<< < (3/5) > >>

Joe:

--- Quote from: Chavo on December 13, 2007, 06:30:03 pm ---I'm sorry, I was referring to Joe.  I don't know why SMF didn't warn me like it usually does when there is a new reply.

--- End quote ---

I've taken physical science and learned that electricity will take the shortest path. And if that means jumping through water and reversing back before the signal gets anywhere, that's what it'll do. Where am I wrong?

Chavo:

--- Quote from: iago on December 13, 2007, 06:34:12 pm ---There's a reason I quote people, even when it's the bottom post. Helps avoid misunderstandings. :)

--- End quote ---
I don't like to add unnecessary clutter, so I only quote when it is not the most recent.  SMF usually informs me when this might cause a problem.

--- Quote ---I've taken physical science and learned that electricity will take the shortest path. And if that means jumping through water and reversing back before the signal gets anywhere, that's what it'll do. Where am I wrong?
--- End quote ---
Did you forget what defines the "shortest" path or did they just not teach you?

Joe:
I guess now that I think about it, the shortest path would be to the other machine since it's not necessarily opposite the other wires..

Chavo:
The path of least resistance defines the shortest path.  Since rain water is relatively pure, it has very high resistance in comparison with the (usually) copper wire.  Therefore it only introduces some extra resistance rather than completely shorting the signal.  This usually alters the frequency of the analog signal slightly (distortion) which can cause corrupted data when it is converted/extrapolated to the digital portion that a cable modem listens to.  Corrupted data is dropped.  Dropped packets yield slowdowns in a variety of ways.

topaz~:

--- Quote from: Joe[ix86] on December 13, 2007, 08:18:00 pm ---
--- Quote from: Chavo on December 13, 2007, 06:30:03 pm ---I'm sorry, I was referring to Joe.  I don't know why SMF didn't warn me like it usually does when there is a new reply.

--- End quote ---

I've taken physical science and learned that electricity will take the shortest path. And if that means jumping through water and reversing back before the signal gets anywhere, that's what it'll do. Where am I wrong?

--- End quote ---

Lol  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version