Author Topic: The Simpsons Movie  (Read 6302 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
The Simpsons Movie
« on: December 19, 2007, 01:56:07 am »
Plot preview: Springfield becomes the most polluted place in the world, and thus it's the whole world against them. Can they win?

This movie rocked sincerely. I don't remember any particular funny point in the movie, but I laughed out loud every 10 minutes at the absolute max, and after seeing some of you guys, I find most funnies sort of lame. If anyone could expand on this, it'd be neat since I'm a poor critic, but I would (and do) recommend this to a friend.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 08:13:44 am »
You realize that you're about 4 or 5 months late, don't you?

I have to say, though, that the timing of this DVD release (right before Christmas) was extremely smart. The Simpsons marketing machine is a brilliant one.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 11:16:32 am »
Extremely smart?  It's what everyone does because everyone knows that they can sell more things around Christmas. 

BTW:
http://www.x86labs.org/forum/index.php/topic,9885.0.html

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 11:19:41 am »
Extremely smart?  It's what everyone does because everyone knows that they can sell more things around Christmas. 
Really? Every movie comes out a week before Christmas with a big ad campaign? I had no idea!

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 12:03:50 pm »
Really? Every movie comes out a week before Christmas with a big ad campaign? I had no idea!
Like I know right!

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 04:35:28 pm »

I have to say, though, that the timing of this DVD release (right before Christmas) was extremely smart. The Simpsons marketing machine is a brilliant one.

I tend to avoid theatres, as I can't freely attain.. er.. pirate.. movie tickets.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 05:06:45 pm »

I tend to avoid theatres, as I can't freely attain.. er.. pirate.. movie tickets.

It's really sad that the big theater experience has completely lost its appeal to the younger generation. It used to be a place to go on a nice date, or with a bunch of friends as an evening outing. Oh, how the times have changed.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 05:10:16 pm »
It's really sad that the big theater experience has completely lost its appeal to the younger generation. It used to be a place to go on a nice date, or with a bunch of friends as an evening outing. Oh, how the times have changed.
You're what, 4 or 5 years older than him? :P

But yeah, I enjoy going to the theater to see a film. I'd probably enjoy it a lot more if they didn't constantly gouge you and expect you to like it. When I was in Calgary, it was $12.00 for the ticket, and $6 each for popcorn and a drink. $24/person is too much for the younger generation.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 05:56:44 pm »

But yeah, I enjoy going to the theater to see a film. I'd probably enjoy it a lot more if they didn't constantly gouge you and expect you to like it. When I was in Calgary, it was $12.00 for the ticket, and $6 each for popcorn and a drink. $24/person is too much for the younger generation.
Not to mention the fact that any movie you go to has idiots talking loudly, peoples cell phones ringing, people talking loudly on their cellphones...  I haven't seen a movie where I wasn't constantly annoyed by idiots in a long time. I perfer watching movies at home.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 06:01:54 pm »

Not to mention the fact that any movie you go to has idiots talking loudly, peoples cell phones ringing, people talking loudly on their cellphones...  I haven't seen a movie where I wasn't constantly annoyed by idiots in a long time. I perfer watching movies at home.
Hmm, that's interesting. I don't think I've ever heard a cellphone ring during a movie, nor have I had significant problems with people talking loudly (except for one friend I have, but I refuse to go to movies with him now).

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 06:40:31 pm »
Movies here cost $ 15 to see, and like $ 5 for a hotdog and like $4 for a drink.  I don't going to the movies, other then the one where my friend is a manager at free foods ftw!
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 08:40:00 pm »
52" screen + surround sound + leather recliners FTW!

...I so wish I had that :-\ :(

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 08:57:11 pm »
I absolutely love going to the theatre on occasion.  I don't like to go often (more than once every month or so), but as others have mentioned, it makes for a great outing.

As iago mentioned, I don't normally have problems with cell phones, people talking, etc.  It definitely does happen, but not nearly enough for me to decide not not go to the theatres.

Tickets at one of the nicest theatres in Fort Collins are $6.50 with a student discount.  They really don't care if you go to school in Fort Collins, either.  When drake came up and we went to see a movie, he showed his student ID from our rival university (not that I care, but most people that give a crap about the sports teams do) and they didn't even flinch when they gave him the discount.

Offline rabbit

• I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 10:18:49 pm »
Students get a discount because they [usually] have a tight budget, what with $982q34092873498 text books (yes, a q).  It's not a "You go to a local educational institution, so you get a discount" thing.

trust

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 10:01:31 am »

Maybe there, but in highschool movies were the place to go. I haven't been to the theater up by my college, but some of my friends have gone. Even now when I come back home movies are probably the #1 thing to do. There really isn't anything to do but go to the movies, play laser tag (but that's so expensive and everyone there is usually pretty weird), drink, in the summer we sometimes walk along the boardwalk because they have free concerts and lots of pretty girls. But I mean really, the easiest thing to do is go see a movie. In fact I'm going to see one today with my friend.