Author Topic: Random  (Read 11175 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Random
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2005, 02:40:39 pm »
People? Free to decide? Is that why drugs are illegal, alcohol/tobacco is illegal till you're 18, medications need to be perscribed, etc?  THAT'S American freedom?  When something is harmful, the Government feels that they have to protect people from it, so why not protect them from food?
I couldn't agree more. I think we atleast should have warnings on our food so people are very aware of what they're doing.
On that note, Canada is making marijuana less illegal and making trans-fats illegal.  What a country!
Canada looks better every day somtimes.

Yeah, warnings and education are OK, because people are aware that they're doing something stupid.  People should be free to make the wrong choices; of course, if they ARE free to make the wrong choices, they probably WILL make the wrong choices because people are dumb.

But yeah, although I don't personally approve of, say, marijuana, I honestly can't say I see a reason for it to be illegal.  At least, why it's illegal and tobacco/alcohol aren't. 

Offline RoMi

• x86
  • gg no re
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2005, 08:13:56 pm »
I didn't say that the government was right in my post did I?  I'm more of a libertarian, less laws, more decision.
-RoMi

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2005, 08:33:41 pm »
People? Free to decide? Is that why drugs are illegal, alcohol/tobacco is illegal till you're 18, medications need to be perscribed, etc?  THAT'S American freedom?  When something is harmful, the Government feels that they have to protect people from it, so why not protect them from food?
I couldn't agree more. I think we atleast should have warnings on our food so people are very aware of what they're doing.
On that note, Canada is making marijuana less illegal and making trans-fats illegal.  What a country!
Canada looks better every day somtimes.
Legalize everything and let the problems weed themselves out :P
Yeah, warnings and education are OK, because people are aware that they're doing something stupid.  People should be free to make the wrong choices; of course, if they ARE free to make the wrong choices, they probably WILL make the wrong choices because people are dumb.

But yeah, although I don't personally approve of, say, marijuana, I honestly can't say I see a reason for it to be illegal.  At least, why it's illegal and tobacco/alcohol aren't. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2005, 11:29:55 pm »
I didn't say that the government was right in my post did I?  I'm more of a libertarian, less laws, more decision.

"Give an inch, and they'll take a mile"

I think that people in general suck to much to have a lot of freedom, they hurt themselves.  But they also suck too much to follow laws, but at least it gives an excuse for parents.

My only concern if they legalize something like marijuana is that more kids would use it (because there's no longer a reason not to), and I don't think that would be healthy for the world.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2005, 01:43:22 am »

I think that people in general suck to much to have a lot of freedom, they hurt themselves.  But they also suck too much to follow laws, but at least it gives an excuse for parents.

My only concern if they legalize something like marijuana is that more kids would use it (because there's no longer a reason not to), and I don't think that would be healthy for the world.

It should be legalized, so everyone can see why it was illegal in the first place, then the nation should decide.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2005, 04:03:49 am »

It should be legalized, so everyone can see why it was illegal in the first place, then the nation should decide.

It wasn't illegalized for the obvious reason, it was illegalized for a really dumb reason involving Mexicans that I forget now.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2005, 04:07:46 am »
...Since when do mexicans live in Canada?

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2005, 09:15:12 am »
Quoth iago: "I've never seen a mexican"

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2005, 10:55:05 am »
I know what iago means, back in the early 1900s Mexicans that migrated here brought Cannabis, they used it recreationally for relaxing, then "hemp" (THC free Cannabis) was introduced as a textile and fuel source, so the Tabbaco and Goverment people got thier panties in a bunch, made some propagana films, one thing led to another.. bam, it's illegal.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2005, 11:40:10 am »
Quoth iago: "I've never seen a mexican"

I haven't, we don't have them here.

But we have to do what the USA says because they are in charge of the world.  When our government talked about legalizing it (not just decriminalizing), the US made all kinds of threats.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2005, 11:47:00 am »
Cause Bush has sand in his vagina.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2005, 01:00:44 pm »
I'm not even sure if it was Bush at the time.. it might have been Clin Ton

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2005, 01:17:04 pm »
Clinton had his dick in a vagina.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2005, 01:43:13 pm »
I think Nixon is credited with the modern day "war on drugs".
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 01:46:47 pm by GameSnake »

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2005, 08:30:39 pm »
We're supposed to be random..

So, once upon a time, iago called me.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests