Author Topic: I am a rockstar!  (Read 13782 times)

trust

Re: I am a rockstar!
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2007, 01:11:32 pm »
Also, what's wrong with people acting like that?  I'd certainly never get along with him, but I don't think there's anything harmful by the nature of behaving like he does.

It's wrong because I follow society, obviously.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2007, 01:17:13 pm »

I was trying to provoke a realization on your part.  I have my hypotheses...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2007, 04:55:53 pm »
This thread delivers.
You should visit the "Merry Christmas" thread, ha.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2007, 05:42:58 pm »
Also, what's wrong with people acting like that?  I'd certainly never get along with him, but I don't think there's anything harmful by the nature of behaving like he does.

You're an idiot.

trust

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2007, 07:19:41 pm »

You're an idiot.

Let me guess, I'm an idiot because I allegedly blindly follow society?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2007, 10:21:43 pm »
I don't have Flash installed, can somebody summarize?

trust

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2007, 10:27:46 pm »
I don't have Flash installed, can somebody summarize?

Some (presumably homosexual) guy who looks and sounds like a girl does a booty dance to Fergalicious by Fergie

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2007, 10:59:50 pm »
Ah, well, nobody should do that, male or female, so it's relatively moot. :)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2007, 03:09:43 am »
That's judging...oooh, you're a bad person, oooh

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2007, 08:35:42 am »
Who said not to judge?

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2007, 11:46:26 am »
No, society dictates that women are inferior to men, and, as such, saying that a male has female traits is an insult. For example, saying that a man can't drink as much, that he has a vagina, or even that he likes men are ways of assigning female traits to males in order to insult them.
Actually, nature originally dictated it, and society followed. To be honest, I'd like a stay home wife to raise my kids, just because that's been the way of our species even pre-Neanderthal, and I've always believed that sticking to the most natural way of living will be the best for anyone involved. Most species for that matter. I'm not saying women are mentally inferior, I have no idea. I'm just saying that due to survival of the fittest, and men having a greater need for intellect while hunting, there's always a chance that men are in some way mentally superior. We already know we're physically superior (gain muscle mass easier), so why should this be any different?
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2007, 12:05:50 pm »
Who said not to judge?
You said we shouldn't judge a guy's manliness by comparing him to a woman (or whatever).  You're judging our way of judging ... tsk

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2007, 01:26:41 pm »
No, society dictates that women are inferior to men, and, as such, saying that a male has female traits is an insult. For example, saying that a man can't drink as much, that he has a vagina, or even that he likes men are ways of assigning female traits to males in order to insult them.
Actually, nature originally dictated it, and society followed. To be honest, I'd like a stay home wife to raise my kids, just because that's been the way of our species even pre-Neanderthal, and I've always believed that sticking to the most natural way of living will be the best for anyone involved. Most species for that matter. I'm not saying women are mentally inferior, I have no idea. I'm just saying that due to survival of the fittest, and men having a greater need for intellect while hunting, there's always a chance that men are in some way mentally superior. We already know we're physically superior (gain muscle mass easier), so why should this be any different?

While I think it's reasonable to want a stay at home wife, I'd be very careful invoking "nature" as justification in most situations.  First, what is "natural" is not necessarily moral or in the best interests of society.  Everything we do is natural, how can it not be?  Even the most dispicable, seemingly unusual things people do are instinctual.  Everything is natural, and therefore nothing is justified solely on the basis of being natural.  Also, you could argue that the feminist movement is a natural development, (just as much as anything in human history is), and the fact that their movement is making progress is an example for "survival of the fittest".

Besides, in early history there are many examples of human matriarchal societies. The Jewish people are a well known example of this.  I also think that early natives of South America  were part of a class structure where women were essentially in complete control of anything most consider significant.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2007, 01:31:17 pm »
Everything we do is natural, how can it not be?  Even the most dispicable, seemingly unusual things people do are instinctual.  Everything is natural, and therefore nothing is justified solely on the basis of being natural.  Also, you could argue that the feminist movement is a natural development, (just as much as anything in human history is), and the fact that their movement is making progress is an example for "survival of the fittest".
So ... in the interest of "survival of the fittest" natural actions are justified?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 01:39:14 pm by CrAz3D »

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2007, 01:32:30 pm »
So ... in the interest of "survival of the fittest" natural actions ok justified?

That's not a coherent sentence.