Author Topic: Chuck Norris sues...  (Read 5867 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Chuck Norris sues...
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 09:49:17 pm »
SNL doesn't use a person's popularity to make money.  They might mock them in some skits, but that isn't the whole basis for the show.

That's a pretty silly thing to say.  If the people they mocked weren't famous, none of the skits would make sense.  Of course they "exploit" their audience's familiarity with the subject.  Norris' "popularity" is largely a sarcastic reverence maintained as a result of these stupid jokes that deify him.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 09:51:59 pm by Sidoh »

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2007, 11:53:26 pm »
SNL doesn't use a person's popularity to make money.  They might mock them in some skits, but that isn't the whole basis for the show.
Yes they do, why else would they have guest hosts? They sell advertisment time, the more popular the show, the more expencive theadvertising slots become.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 11:31:34 am »
Yes they do, why else would they have guest hosts? They sell advertisment time, the more popular the show, the more expencive theadvertising slots become.
Guest hosts give permission.   We're not talking about guest hosts

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2007, 03:24:05 am »
Guest hosts give permission.   We're not talking about guest hosts
Okay, well, what about Will Farrel playing as Robert Gulet? Or, as Hary Karey? He is using a person's populatiry to make money, the same way that Norm McDonald would pretend to be Burt Renolds. The reason why they make money is only based on the people they make fun of. If they made jokes like Joe does, no one would understand. ("Well, today jessie and I went to the mall and we saw lary, he is so  dumb. Tehehe") They need popular people to make fun of, so the show can sell advertising time.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2007, 04:01:55 pm »
Chuck Norris' lawsuit is so strong, it included everyone, and won.
LOL
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.