Author Topic: Hunting  (Read 9541 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Hunting
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2007, 03:13:03 am »
I think that animals should, as funny as it sounds, be humanized. I fail to see any significant in what humans and animals are, at the core. We're all intelligent creatures. Humanizing animals makes it harder to want to harm them.
That's horrible English, are you drunk?  "I fail to see any significant in what humans and animals are, at the core."  Maybe high since you're a Canuck? ;D!

Who cares if they're intelligent, they taste good/cause problems.  We execute people because there is no better way to deal with them ... nothing wrong there.  And many animals are tasty.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2007, 03:30:07 am »
:(
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 03:47:11 am by Rule »

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2007, 08:08:48 am »
I didn't read through all the essays in here.  How many of you against hunting for "amusement" are vegetarians?  The extent of my hunting is taking my BB gun in the backyard and killing the squirrels that like to eat my outside furniture.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2007, 08:35:05 am »
I think that animals should, as funny as it sounds, be humanized. I fail to see any significant in what humans and animals are, at the core. We're all intelligent creatures. Humanizing animals makes it harder to want to harm them.
That's horrible English, are you drunk?  "I fail to see any significant in what humans and animals are, at the core."  Maybe high since you're a Canuck? ;D!

Who cares if they're intelligent, they taste good/cause problems.  We execute people because there is no better way to deal with them ... nothing wrong there.  And many animals are tasty.

After writing it, I went back and made changes. They obviously weren't poofread very well. D'oh!

That one sentence should be, "I fail to see any significant in which humans and animals are, at the core, different"

I didn't read through all the essays in here.  How many of you against hunting for "amusement" are vegetarians?  The extent of my hunting is taking my BB gun in the backyard and killing the squirrels that like to eat my outside furniture.
I am vegan.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2007, 11:28:06 am »
There is an indicator that this thread may deliver.

One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2007, 11:44:39 am »
That one sentence should be, "I fail to see any significant in which humans and animals are, at the core, different"
I fail to see any significant difference in what humans and animals are at the core? ... you mean something more similar to that?

Well, let's see.  Instincts, we don't really have to act on our gut feeling, we're reasonable, etc.  We are completely different at the core.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2007, 01:33:13 pm »

Go back to the WoW forums with these type of posts.  :P
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2007, 01:40:12 pm »
Trust, I don't have time for a long reply, but I would like to point out that this is not a highschool debate.  People should not approach their lives as though they're in a highschool debate. The purpose of a high-school debate is just to win; the only reason for considering or thinking about the other person's viewpoint is to see how you can discredit it.  It is an exercise in persuasion. 

In real life, you should be happy to admit when you are wrong, because then you have learned something.

Well, let's see.  Instincts, we don't really have to act on our gut feeling, we're reasonable, etc.  We are completely different at the core.

We're reasonable? Look at you?  Look at what humans are doing to the world.  We're completely different at the core?  Good job supporting that controversial point.  I particularly like your touch; how you argue by either stating very questionable propositions as obvious facts -- proof of your thoughtlessness -- and when that fails you become aggressive: first you are actively aggressive, and then passive aggressive.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2007, 01:43:57 pm »
Trust, I don't have time for a long reply, but I would like to point out that this is not a highschool debate.  People should not approach their lives as though they're in a highschool debate. The purpose of a high-school debate is just to win; the only reason for considering or thinking about the other person's viewpoint is to see how you can discredit it.  It is an exercise in persuasion. 

In real life, you should be happy to admit when you are wrong, because then you have learned something.

We're reasonable? Look at you?  Look at what humans are doing to the world.  We're completely different at the core?  Good job supporting that controversial point.  I particularly like your touch; how you argue by either stating very questionable propositions as obvious facts -- proof of your thoughtlessness -- and when that fails you become aggressive: first you are actively aggressive, and then passive aggressive.

And I like your touch.  It's soft and so dainty.

Pot calling kettle black, yet again. (re: bold part)

trust

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2007, 02:05:16 pm »

The thing is we're discussing opinion, we're not debating fact. How can I admit that I'm wrong when I'm not? Just because you disagree with my opinion doesn't mean it is wrong.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2007, 02:18:16 pm »

The thing is we're discussing opinion, we're not debating fact. How can I admit that I'm wrong when I'm not? Just because you disagree with my opinion doesn't mean it is wrong.

This is what I said: "In real life, you should be happy to admit when you are wrong, because then you have learned something."  Do you have a problem with that comment as a general statement?

And of course that translates, in this discussion, to changing your viewpoint.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2007, 02:21:29 pm »
It sounds like you're telling trust he should realize that he is wrong.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2007, 04:05:20 pm »

I was thinking the same thing, ha!
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2007, 06:28:24 pm »

Posting in a legendary thread.
Posting in an epic thread.  :P

lolwut?
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2007, 06:30:09 pm »

Opinions can be right or wrong. He didn't simply disagree with it.