Author Topic: Anyone big on bluetooth head set things?  (Read 2633 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Anyone big on bluetooth head set things?
« on: December 28, 2007, 11:48:34 am »
Ever use this one?:

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/cat1150057/cat5420035/prod5880001

Thinking about getting it for my dad for his birthday (Sunday).  The CNET review seems to be rather positive about it, except for some user reviews :-\.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone big on bluetooth head set things?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 12:13:45 pm »
I used to sell these at Fry's Electronics, when I worked there. There aren't many Plantronics ones that are worth purchasing. The one I personally use is the best for the price, the Motorola H800. The one you're looking at is really expensive and rather cumbersome. I would suggest something smaller and easier, yet still with good talk time and noise reduction. Jabra is also a good brand, however I've never heard complains with the H800, and Motorola seems to lead that market.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 12:18:40 pm »
I looked at the motorola s9, my dad likes the ability to remove one ear bud/piece/whatever like with the Plantronic one & Jabra 8018.  Of reviews I found, they favored Plantronics over Jabra.
Quote from: CNET Editor Review
Audio quality was simply stunning, thanks to Plantronics' Audio IQ technology. Callers could hear us without any problem and vice versa. However, there was still some amount of static and background noise in crowded situations, but that's nothing to worry about. What we also liked was that the headset alerted us to incoming calls during music playback, and we could switch out to the conversation and switch back to right where the music left off.
http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/plantronics-voyager-855-bluetooth/4505-13831_7-32600914.html

I'm leaning Plantronic from the reviews and what my dad said about the design.  Are there any other Motorolas (or any) that you like that have a removable second ear piece?

Offline Skywing

• View Profile
    • Nynaeve
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 01:59:37 pm »
I used a pair of Motorolla HT820's for some number of months.

I was mostly happy with them, though the buttons on them broke, ultimately forcing me to abandon them.  I am using a set of NS-BTHDP's now, since the HT820 line was discontinued.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 02:05:21 pm »
NS-BTHDP?

Lookin' for something with removable ear piece so you can use it just as a car ear thing or add the other one for music.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 10:27:35 pm »
NS-BTHDP?

Lookin' for something with removable ear piece so you can use it just as a car ear thing or add the other one for music.
GOOGLE.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 10:31:16 pm »
ooh, I google imaged it and found nothing

Offline d00m

• View Profile
    • AllofTV
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 11:49:06 am »
On a side note, whenever I see people talking on a blue tooth I always think they have schizophrenia or something.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 02:06:42 pm »
On a side note, whenever I see people talking on a blue tooth I always think they have schizophrenia or something.

They don't?  :o
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...