Author Topic: The x86 Dictatorship  (Read 16139 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: The x86 Dictatorship
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2008, 01:07:47 am »
We're in a voting process to ban you right now, and I voted yes. In the time you have remaining, quit trolling and being a douchebag, and we'll possibly consider letting you come back when you grow up.

QTF + WTF

Isn't that a BLATANT disregard for "Members' Forum Privacy"!?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2008, 01:15:27 am »
I think I already mentioned that there was a vote up.  That part doesn't matter.  If any fine details you don't have "rights" to are revealed, though, then we have a problem.  I don't think it's against the rules for Joe to say what he did.  I certainly don't have a problem with it, anyway.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2008, 01:16:44 am »
Notice: Trust hasn't replied to this thread haha

trust

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2008, 09:32:46 am »
Notice: Trust hasn't replied to this thread haha

True story. Classes started yesterday and then I had other stuff to do, so I didn't get a chance. Plus, there really hasn't been anything that I needed to reply to. I said what I wanted to say. Anyway, I just read the thread,  in it's entirety, and this is by far my favorite post and the one that I agree with the most:

Trying to justify insulting someone is just a testament to how both sides are equally to blame.
All of this has been provoked in one way or another, at one point in time by someone.
Do you think Trust wakes up every morning and goes "Gee let me go try to kill x86!". That's comparable to the terrorist scare in America.

I think more or less the problem is that x86 (by this I mean the members most negatively affected by Trust's action) refuses to take any sort of responsibility for what they're on the receiving end of. Really, if it bothers you so much to get insulted (Judging from the fact that every time Trust breathes funny there is a ban nomination in his name), then I suggest you keep the smart ass comments / insults to yourself.

Let's grow up and cut the bullshit.

I don't have time to go through the posts or thread point-by-point because I have class soon but I'll try a brief overview. Contrary to how iago thinks I feel, I don't have any grudge towards x86. I also don't try to think of ways to kill x86, or anything else. I have no problems with x86...I did before  (I guess it was 2004 early 2005?) but Battle.net stuff means nothing to me now. Sometimes Newby and I think back to important events in bnet history and some of the fun stuff that happened, but other than that I could care less. jbi, xL, vL, x86, e1, etc. none of it means much now. You flatter yourselves when you think x86 takes up so much of my life, but it really doesn't.

We're in a voting process to ban you right now, and I voted yes. In the time you have remaining, quit trolling and being a douchebag, and we'll possibly consider letting you come back when you grow up.

That's amazing. I've been on the voting block before and I'm still here, but if I'm not so lucky this time then so be it. As I just said x86 doesn't take up that much of my life, especially when I'm in school. If I'm banned, oh well. It's not going to matter to me because I talk on AIM with people from here that I want to talk to anyway.

First off, when I met Trust, I liked him fine.  Second, my thread was not full of insults, it was full of my recent observations of Trust's behavior.

Until I posted a video about killing rabbits on Madz.tk. Grow up.

Quote from: iago
So the post before that one insults the Canadian members (me and Blaze), and the second insults Sidoh directly. Now, is there a pattern? Yes -- those are the three leaders.

So the question is raised, are you directly trying to piss off the leaders? Perhaps. Why? To destabilize the clan? The only thing after insulting the leaders would be to find a way of getting yourself banned (spamming is a good way). Then, once that happens, post a thread that can't possibly be argued (hey, look at this!).

To be honest, that was unintentional. I didn't know who the leaders were until I read that. I'm not trying to destabilize the clan. I just don't like rabbit because of some reasons he's also displayed in this thread and I wanted to see who else disliked him.

Quote from: Sidoh
I'm not sure how you can claim how some people unjustifiably favor Rule over crazed.

CrAz3D and especially I get in trouble, Rule doesn't.

Quote from: rabbit
Learn to live with people not liking you when you insult and belittle them.

I'm not going to mention your numerous insults because CrAz3D already said what I would say. But believe me, I could care less if people on an internet message board dislike me.

Quote from: MyndFyre
Trust, I've been against banning you from the start.  I've been one of the more staunch defenders of you, in fact.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I have no problems with you, just for the record.

Quote from: Chavo
If you will recall, we had a bit of a disagreement not long after you graduated from high school and began your transition to what I classify as the typical freshman frat boy

To be honest, I don't know who you are or what disagreement we had. I'm not in a fraternity, and can't be at this time due to how my schools fraternity system is setup. I don't know what gave you the impression that I had pledged anywhere yet, but I haven't.

Quote from: Joe
Sorry, I was pissed when I typed that, but now he's crying like he didn't do anything.

I'm not crying.

-----

Basically here is where I stand: I don't have a problem with most people here (even iago, we used to talk a lot back in the day..I just disagree with the hypocrisy in your moderation). I also don't have a problem with x86 as a group, just certain members who continually bait me, and in response I get in trouble. rabbit comes to mind. I'm not innocent in provoking controversy, and I don't claim to be...I just don't think I'm alone in it or the worst offender.

If I'm banned, then so be it. I know iago had no choice in leaving this thread open, but I'm glad he kept it open and allowed for people to respond. I apologize for not being able to respond on more of the "deeper" points in this thread, I just don't have the time this morning.

(btw the edit is because I accidentally hit post, I didn't change anything)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 09:41:59 am by Trust »

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 12:54:26 pm »
Although I don't contribute to these boards and intertwine myself in the community's politics as much as some, from my point of view I really don't see much of what Trust is complaining about, and I'm glad.  Sounds like too much useless drama for me.  I hate drama, IRL, don't need it online.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 12:58:35 pm by Michael »
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2008, 02:24:33 pm »
Not true. I've talked to Rule offline more than once about his behaviour. And he's also been up for a ban in recent history. I also sent a warning recently to somebody for constantly making fun of CrAz3d. I try not to be biased, but it's impossible to be completely impartial. So if you see a problem, report the post or PM me and I'll do what I can.

(btw the edit is because I accidentally hit post, I didn't change anything)
Lies, that line totally wasn't there.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2008, 02:54:16 pm »
However, this thread is probably one of the most thought out and best threads I've ever read. I congratulate you, Trust.

I think most of what Trust claims in his original post is false.  He may think he's treated unfairly, but that's him being narcissistic, in my opinion.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2008, 06:06:37 pm »
However, this thread is probably one of the most thought out and best threads I've ever read. I congratulate you, Trust.

I think most of what Trust claims in his original post is false.  He may think he's treated unfairly, but that's him being narcissistic, in my opinion.

Maybe its fairly hard to notice if a non-member is being treated unfairly if you're a member. I don't know about Michael, but I've seen things that could be interpreted as bias towards a lot of nonmembers and some members, especially from people such as rabbit. However, I assume that this is the natural order of things and that I think Trust is magnifying the situation a bit too much. The hostility and aggression on these boards take many forms, and only rarely is it blatant (again, I cite rabbit). Rather, it is a much more subtle personal attack that might be hard for third parties to identify. For example, I can admit that many people have problems with things that Trust says (he some things that can be construed as downright racist), however he, and I guess some people like Joe, are attacked much more often for it. Essentially, minor flaws in what they say are revealed and repudiated much more often than in let's say, iago's posts.

Just my subjective observations.  8)
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline nslay

• Giraffe meat, mmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2008, 06:20:44 pm »
Not true. I've talked to Rule offline more than once about his behaviour. And he's also been up for a ban in recent history. I also sent a warning recently to somebody for constantly making fun of CrAz3d. I try not to be biased, but it's impossible to be completely impartial. So if you see a problem, report the post or PM me and I'll do what I can.
Not to get involved, but Rule requested to be banned so he could focus on school.  I can't think of any time Rule came and told me how he got banned from the forum other than that one instance.
An adorable giant isopod!

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2008, 06:30:11 pm »
He wasn't banned by a vote because the vote [barely] failed.

Anyway, I like how everyone says I'm the biggest ass just because I'm the least passive agressive.  Kindly die, preferably with lots of gore and a webcam recording everything.  I've said it many times: if you have a problem with me, talk to me, don't just sit around waiting for a thread like this and go "rabbit this, rabbit this blah blah fucking blah".  I'm not going to be a scapegoat, and if you think you can make me one I'll fucking kill you.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2008, 06:37:10 pm »

My guess is that in December, Antivirus made a thread requesting that I be banned. 

I wish I hadn't been brought into this thread.  Trust, I've never said anything about your facility with algebra.  You've often pulled yourself into arguments I've had with other people, by reacting to my posts as though they had been directed towards you.  I also try not to get into political debates, and I haven't suggested that anyone is bad at algebra because they are bad at something else.  If you've interpreted otherwise, then I am making my position clear now.  There's no need to fight about it; I don't want to fight.

In any case, I don't have a problem with Trust, I would not want him to be banned, and I would have preferred not to have been dragged into this.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 09:34:22 pm by Rule »

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2008, 06:40:50 pm »

Anyway, I like how everyone says I'm the biggest ass just because I'm the least passive agressive.  Kindly die, preferably with lots of gore and a webcam recording everything.  I've said it many times: if you have a problem with me, talk to me, don't just sit around waiting for a thread like this and go "rabbit this, rabbit this blah blah fucking blah".  I'm not going to be a scapegoat, and if you think you can make me one I'll fucking kill you.

Heh, I have no problem with stating it. You're kind of an asshole, meaning you're verbally aggressive, insult often, and lack care for the aforementioned two problems. However, only reason I mentioned it here is because it directly relates to the topic at hand. You're not a scapegoat, but it's my personal opinion that you're blind to how irrationally caustic you truly are. But let me reiterate, I didn't bring this up just to attack you or anything.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2008, 06:49:30 pm »

Heh, I have no problem with stating it. You're kind of an asshole, meaning you're verbally aggressive, insult often, and lack care for the aforementioned two problems. However, only reason I mentioned it here is because it directly relates to the topic at hand. You're not a scapegoat, but it's my personal opinion that you're blind to how irrationally caustic you truly are. But let me reiterate, I didn't bring this up just to attack you or anything.

Don't be too harsh on the bunny, I dont think rabbits usually have the thought capacity to express themselves in a meaningful way ... that's probably why he resorts to calling everyone assholes. ;)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2008, 07:17:11 pm »
Not to get involved, but Rule requested to be banned so he could focus on school.  I can't think of any time Rule came and told me how he got banned from the forum other than that one instance.
I didn't say he was banned, I said that he was up for a ban (as in, a ban was suggested), and more than once I've privately talked to him.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2008, 07:53:24 pm »
@Deuce, I know exactly how mean I am and how much of an ass I am, but if you aren't an idiot you should never see my rage directed at you.

@CrAz3D, weren't you the one that called me out for insulting Trust?  Don't be a 4 year old for your entire post, at least try to respond in a MEANINGFUL way.