Author Topic: How should this play out?  (Read 4799 times)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: How should this play out?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 08:15:24 am »
Of course, when somebody is injured, who to blame should be the last thing on people's minds, they should be more concerned with how to make sure it doesn't happen again. But I guess I live in an ideal world.
In America, we need to know who to blame and how many significant figures can be obtained before anything else!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 09:23:51 am »
I'm not being upset, I'm disagreeing.

An open door is an open door and a driver not paying good attention might hit
Well, an open door when a car is facing you often has reflectors and is usually an obvious colour (both for safety). When the car is facing away, it's often a dark colour and (in daytime) looks like the side of a car. The difference could be slightly confusing to somebody, enough to eat up a second or two of valuable time.

What I'm basically saying is that the safety features built into car doors to prevent this situation don't work when you're pointing backwards, so it's an extra risk.

In America, we need to know who to blame and how many significant figures can be obtained before anything else!
Thank you, that's the answer I was looking for! :)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 09:56:45 am »
I'm not being upset, I'm disagreeing.

An open door is an open door and a driver not paying good attention might hit
Well, an open door when a car is facing you often has reflectors and is usually an obvious colour (both for safety). When the car is facing away, it's often a dark colour and (in daytime) looks like the side of a car. The difference could be slightly confusing to somebody, enough to eat up a second or two of valuable time.

If it confused the driver and he didn't slow/stop 'til he figured out what was in his way he wasn't driving reasonably then

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 11:00:19 am »
Do you slow down or stop every time you see something out of the corner of your eye that isn't 100% what you expect?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 12:03:53 pm »
When an accident is about to happen, every second counts. A second of confusion could make a difference.

Also, the safety features on the inside of the door is the important part.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008, 01:45:41 pm »
When an accident is about to happen, every second counts. A second of confusion could make a difference.

Also, the safety features on the inside of the door is the important part.

My door doesnt have those reflecty things :(

My 83 jeep did, AND had side lights to show the ground.  Ford sucks.  But in the day light, you can still see an open door unless you're not paying attention.

At night it might be easier to notice the door inside of a door, but if you're paying attention and the door is already open and the car is facing the wrong way, then you'd STILL be able to see it unless your head lights are off/you're not paying attention