Author Topic: Mmoglider  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
Mmoglider
« on: February 04, 2008, 12:57:50 am »
Does anyone currently use this? I just got a 2nd set of keys for another account, and I'm going to soon purchase glider. I'm wondering if you guys have any tips before I register the account and start.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Mmoglider
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 02:49:04 am »
1. Use a true name of a friend of yours if possible. Using the same name will link accounts, but they're not known to ban for linked accounts.

2. Billing info also links, especially credit cards.

3. You're sharing your account with your computer, your best friend. Not botting. :)

4. GL HF DD (srsly, DD)
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 08:53:50 am »
It's really not worth it.  My original account was banned for it, completely avoidable, but it was banned and the chances of getting caught are up there.

Don't bot in busy areas, don't do it for long periods of time, and don't do it in the same spot frequently.

And like Joe said, don't use the same CC or name.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 05:37:00 pm »
1. Use a true name of a friend of yours if possible. Using the same name will link accounts, but they're not known to ban for linked accounts.

False.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 07:21:20 pm »
glider? lolol, l2play nub.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 07:55:06 pm »

False.

If I'm running a business and I see two clients are using the same credit card, I'm going to assume their the same person. Will I bring that up to them? No, but that doesn't deny the fact that they're the same.

I should also clarify that if you make up a totally fake name, say Carmen Sandiago, if your account gets "compromised" and Blizzard locks it, you're going to have a hell of a time getting it back. That is, you need to prove to Blizzard that you are truly the one who created the account, and if you're not Carmen Sandiago, you're going to have fun doing that, which is why I recommended a friend.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 10:12:31 pm »

False.

If I'm running a business and I see two clients are using the same credit card, I'm going to assume their the same person. Will I bring that up to them? No, but that doesn't deny the fact that they're the same.

You are not Blizzard and they do not "link" two accounts together for sharing the same last name or credit card information.  The closest thing to that is a comparison of last names for an account -> account character transfer.  Trust me.

I should also clarify that if you make up a totally fake name, say Carmen Sandiago, if your account gets "compromised" and Blizzard locks it, you're going to have a hell of a time getting it back. That is, you need to prove to Blizzard that you are truly the one who created the account, and if you're not Carmen Sandiago, you're going to have fun doing that, which is why I recommended a friend.

The only reason you should ever create a fake name is if you plan to sell the characters off an account to someone else.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 11:50:50 pm »

False.

wrong
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 07:03:52 am »

False.

You are not Blizzard and they do not "link" two accounts together for sharing the same last name or credit card information.  The closest thing to that is a comparison of last names for an account -> account character transfer.  Trust me.

The only reason you should ever create a fake name is if you plan to sell the characters off an account to someone else.

Yes, they do.  I know you've glided, did you ever bother reading the forums on the mass bans where people lost multiple accounts?
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.