Author Topic: Man rapes woman at knife point, good samaritans deliver due beatdown  (Read 3852 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Man rapes woman at knife point, good samaritans deliver due beatdown
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 05:39:45 pm »
I like how Craz3d speaks in partial thoughts. Who's not getting convicted?

If I were a member of a jury, I'd find that the rapist was guilty, because, I mean.. he did rape the chick. For his penalty, though, I'd suggest him being labeled as a sexual predator, because that's what he is, and no more. I mean, the jailtime will be served in the hospital and the fine will be paid to the doctors. :)

If I were going for the dudes who beat him down, I'd shake a stern finger of justice at them and tell them not to do it again, then possibly suggest a week in jail and a $500 fine. It's not over-doing it, but a week in jail isn't something that anyone'd look forward to.
I know Sidoh picks on me for not being able to guess out of thin air what a scientology "raid" is ... but you MUST know that I was talking about the people administering the beat down.
I talked about those people being tried in our legal system and then mentioned that you'd never find a jury to convict.

iago, juries don't always rule on strict legal reasons, sometimes they rule on what is right (morally, ethically, humanitarianly) and allow the do-gooders to walk because they did a fine service to society.

Joe, as for your illusion of justice, why shouldn't we prevent that man from raping again?  A week in jail is cushy at worst.  You get free food, TV, health care, etc.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 05:44:42 pm »
I know Sidoh picks on me for not being able to guess out of thin air what a scientology "raid" is

I say you have limited inference skills (I'm seriously starting to believe that this is more true than I thought initially) because you failed to gain the necessary context of the subject at hand.  Go back a page or two and look at the photos.  Raid is the wrong word, as iago pointed out, but if you saw Newby's posts, I'd be shocked if you couldn't muster the background necessary to figure out what's going on.

Offline topaz~

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 06:27:23 pm »
It is my opinion that a jury composed of your peers is intended to offset the inflexibility of the law. The law may or may not recognize various mitigating circumstances in a crime, such as murder, where society (the jury being a sample size of that population) would either condone or forgive the crime. This aspect of the court system, I find, is particularly effective, because the bureaucracy is too often slow to amend or create legislation that is consistent with ideas held by society as a whole.