Author Topic: Ice Storms Suck!  (Read 1364 times)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Ice Storms Suck!
« on: February 12, 2008, 06:42:23 pm »
It took about 2 hours to get home tonight, just from the train station (a trip that normally takes 30 minutes in New Jersey rush hour traffic [for the many of you who don't know, Jersey has TERRIBLETASTIC traffic.  No.  Worse than what you've got.  By a lot.]).  My average speed was about 3mph, and I almost crashed 3 times.  I counted 40 cars off to the side, most with some kind of dent in the front or rear.  There were also 21 cop cars with flashing lights at 18 of the sites where pulled off cars were at.  Another 14 cop cars passed me at some point (not sure where most of them stopped).  At one point traffic was routed through a construction zone (read: crappy/no road) because part of the highway was closed off.  Arg!  Stupid ice storm.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Ice Storms Suck!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 06:47:41 pm »
Maybe you almost got into three accidents because you were averaging your speed and counting cars/cops?  :D

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 06:51:13 pm »
No.  I put my foot on the brake pedal, the lights came on, the wheels stopped spinning, but the car kept moving.  Stupid ice.  Besides, I had about 5 minutes to count each car, since that's about how long they were in view before I got past them.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 09:04:29 am »
Mm. I was driving from my job in jersey to where I live in new york, generally 25minutes. An hour and 5ish minutes. Average about 30mph. (I'm a racecar driver) I almost got hit by a bus though, it was intense. I was fucking around, slid sideways, and this bus came within inches of me. AND! The best part was, theres this huge++ hill over by my house, and of course the focus is FWD, with decent snow tires, so I had an epic++ battle with the hill. Almost stopped for a second, caught a dry spot, got some speed. It was definitely intense.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.