Author Topic: Screwy justice system  (Read 7934 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Screwy justice system
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 12:30:08 am »
YOUR LINK says "criminal homicide" includes murder ... the same link says homicide isn't always illegal ::)

Wasn't going for legality. Hell, did you read my post?

Murder is murder, regardless of the circumstances. Whether punishment is needed or not can be a circumstantial thing, but killing someone in self-defense, anger, passion, whatever, is killing someone.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2008, 12:40:04 am »
To be fair, you said read the link you posted ;)

Hit men/CIA ops/whatever are government agents acting under the confines of the law that justify their homicides.  Therefore, no murder.

Actually, they're not acting within the confinements of the law. That's why they're secretive about it. Murder is murder, regardless of the circumstances. Whether punishment is needed or not can be a circumstantial thing, but killing someone in self-defense, anger, passion, whatever, is killing someone.

How do homicide and murder differ, by the way? According to Wikipedia [link] it's Murder.

The only disputable is whether assassination is murder.  Self defense and war is not murder as it is not illegal.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 12:44:40 am »
To be fair, you said read the link you posted ;)

Did you?

YOUR LINK says "criminal homicide" includes murder ... the same link says homicide isn't always illegal ::)

Non-criminal homicide

Main article: Justifiable homicide

Homicides do not always involve a crime. Sometimes the law allows homicide by allowing certain defenses to criminal charges. One of the most recognized is self defense, which provides that a person is entitled to commit homicide to protect his or her own life from a deadly attack.

What's this "commit homicide" act? Read the first line of the article.

Homicide ... refers to the act of killing another human being.[1]
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2008, 08:20:28 am »
It's so relative. If you go to Iraq and kill somebody, whose laws do you follow?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 08:40:43 am »
Non-criminal homicide

Main article: Justifiable homicide

Homicides do not always involve a crime. Sometimes the law allows homicide by allowing certain defenses to criminal charges. One of the most recognized is self defense, which provides that a person is entitled to commit homicide to protect his or her own life from a deadly attack.

What's this "commit homicide" act? Read the first line of the article.

Homicide ... refers to the act of killing another human being.[1]
Committing homicide is the act of killing a person ... that isn't necessarily murder.  Murder is the UNLAWFUL killing of a person

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 09:14:47 am »
And you having the flu is so much more entertaining  ::)

Hmm.. Member forums, general, tiny bit of a difference.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 09:36:00 am »
Committing homicide is the act of killing a person ... that isn't necessarily murder.  Murder is the UNLAWFUL killing of a person
By some definition of "UNLAWFUL".

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2008, 09:37:01 am »

How do homicide and murder differ, by the way? According to Wikipedia [link] it's Murder.

So we took an entire page (15 posts) to get the answer to a simple question. Hooray!
- Newby

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2008, 09:50:33 am »
I've said that so many times ::)