Author Topic: [Serious Discussion] Marijuana and Surrounding Issues  (Read 5779 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: [Serious Discussion] Marijuana and Surrounding Issues
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2008, 07:46:24 pm »
And what about the health detriments? Back before tobacco was handled by corporations, people smoked tobacco. Nowadays, cigarettes, cigars, and other tobacco products contain poisonous chemicals. Note among those chemicals are nicotine, cyanide, and DDT. Nicotine has been shown to be more toxic than cocaine. There's also cyanide, which is widely known to be a useful tool for murder, suicide, and assassination. There's also DDT, which was banned in the US in 1962 because it was so damaging to the environment and workers who sprayed it. And yet cigarettes are still legal. What's to say that marijuana won't follow the same path? Odds are it will, since it's cheaper to put all that crap in there. By those ends, the illegal importation, dealing, and using of "pure" marijuana would still most likely be prevalent.

Because we know all of that about cigarettes. Do you know what is in pot now? No. No one does. That is even less safe than knowing dirty shit is in there.

You do realize that marijuana is only dangerous when there's a fungus growing on it, right? Anyone who smokes marijuana at all examines the buds up close anyhow, so they'll be able to recognize the off-ness of its appearance. What they decide to do with it post-inspection is entirely up to them.

Addtionally, I have never heard of anyone overdosing on marijuana. Sure, there are some mishaps that may happen as a result of smoking it (i.e. a car accident or something), but I don't see how that would be any different in terms of results than when consuming alcohol.

*shrug*
I mean that pot isn't safe cause of the weird shit put in it by people from south of the border

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2008, 07:57:39 pm »
And what about the health detriments? Back before tobacco was handled by corporations, people smoked tobacco. Nowadays, cigarettes, cigars, and other tobacco products contain poisonous chemicals. Note among those chemicals are nicotine, cyanide, and DDT. Nicotine has been shown to be more toxic than cocaine. There's also cyanide, which is widely known to be a useful tool for murder, suicide, and assassination. There's also DDT, which was banned in the US in 1962 because it was so damaging to the environment and workers who sprayed it. And yet cigarettes are still legal. What's to say that marijuana won't follow the same path? Odds are it will, since it's cheaper to put all that crap in there. By those ends, the illegal importation, dealing, and using of "pure" marijuana would still most likely be prevalent.

Because we know all of that about cigarettes. Do you know what is in pot now? No. No one does. That is even less safe than knowing dirty shit is in there.

You do realize that marijuana is only dangerous when there's a fungus growing on it, right? Anyone who smokes marijuana at all examines the buds up close anyhow, so they'll be able to recognize the off-ness of its appearance. What they decide to do with it post-inspection is entirely up to them.

Addtionally, I have never heard of anyone overdosing on marijuana. Sure, there are some mishaps that may happen as a result of smoking it (i.e. a car accident or something), but I don't see how that would be any different in terms of results than when consuming alcohol.

*shrug*
I mean that pot isn't safe cause of the weird shit put in it by people from south of the border

If it were legalized then you would be able to grow your own. Hell, the government could even sell it over the counter -- which could be guaranteed to be clean.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008, 08:04:59 pm »
That was my argument.

Govt can monitor/regulate the qualityl.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2008, 08:52:36 pm »
Do you really think they would? Look at all the chemicals, pesticides, preservatives, artificial colours, etc. that's currently in our food. Companies can get away with an awful lot.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2008, 08:55:31 pm »
Do you really think they would? Look at all the chemicals, pesticides, preservatives, artificial colours, etc. that's currently in our food. Companies can get away with an awful lot.

As opposed to lacing marijuana with PCP? I'll take a little bit of artificial coloring.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 09:05:55 pm »

I think that's STILL better than some of the crap that you can find in current drugs

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 09:08:04 pm »

I think that's STILL better than some of the crap that you can find in current drugs

Agreed, around here it's very easy to find Marijuana laced with PCP and embalming fluid as well as Marijuana smoked with crushed Ecstasy pills.