Announcements > [x86] Announcements

It's Pi day!

<< < (2/4) > >>

iago:
Heh, I was going to post about pi day, but I didn't consider it worthy. I guess I was wrong, I forgot how many mathy guys hang around here. :)

All I have to say is, "As Mr. Sloan always says, there is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "I" in meat pie. Anagram of meat is team... I don't know what he was talking about. "

Joe:
What kind of sport does an eip team play? :-\

deadly7:

--- Quote from: CrAz3D on March 15, 2008, 03:31:31 am ---When is mole day?  June 22nd?  I dont recall.

--- End quote ---
1 mol = 6.022E23 particles.. so June 2nd.

Ender:
The letter 'E' is not a mathematical symbol! It was invented by Texas Instruments for convenience, but when they saw how everyone was using it as if it were a symbol, they got rid of it in their TI-89.

deadly7:

--- Quote from: Ender on March 15, 2008, 08:44:45 pm ---The letter 'E' is not a mathematical symbol! It was invented by Texas Instruments for convenience, but when they saw how everyone was using it as if it were a symbol, they got rid of it in their TI-89.

--- End quote ---
No they didn't. It's still there. It's more of a shorthand now than anything. Especially when doing chemistry? Scientific notation can suck it. E is MUCH easier to write than " x 10^" and everybody knows they mean the same thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version