Author Topic: Victim Treats Mugger Right  (Read 4417 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Victim Treats Mugger Right
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 12:17:22 pm »
I don't give money away, especially to beggers. If you want to give money away, give it to somebody you know who is in a spot of misfortune so that you know what the money is being used for.

Yeah, I've always felt a little uncomfortable giving money to people I don't know either.  If they have a sign or something that says "need money for food," I think the best way to help them out is to buy them some food and give that to them instead of the money.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2008, 02:36:33 pm »
I don't know about where you guys live, but around here I usually give homeless people some money.  Most of them are people that were in mental institutions until the 80s, which is when a LOT of the mental institutions around here closed.  Literally thousands of insane people (ranging from schizophrenia up to total delusions) were dumped onto the streets.  They don't get the care they need and are pretty incapable of caring for themselves.  It's the sane ones I tend to avoid, as half the time they are just panhandlers.
I guess that's one thing I've never considered.
Hitmen: art is gay

trust

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2008, 03:23:53 pm »
I don't give money away, especially to beggers. If you want to give money away, give it to somebody you know who is in a spot of misfortune so that you know what the money is being used for.

Yeah, I've always felt a little uncomfortable giving money to people I don't know either.  If they have a sign or something that says "need money for food," I think the best way to help them out is to buy them some food and give that to them instead of the money.

My grandparents were on vacation somewhere and a guy came up to my grandpa and asked him for money to go pay his bill in a restaurant, my grandpa offered to pay his bill for him and started walking to the restaurant. The guy was not pleased, and walked away I guess.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2008, 03:38:25 pm »
My grandparents were on vacation somewhere and a guy came up to my grandpa and asked him for money to go pay his bill in a restaurant, my grandpa offered to pay his bill for him and started walking to the restaurant. The guy was not pleased, and walked away I guess.
Heh, those kinds suck.

I like the people that have a good story to tell, or that are friendly, who tell jokes, who show off their artwork (that may not even be theirs), stuff like that. They need to have a gimmick! :)

trust

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 07:19:44 pm »
I'm selfish and stingy.