Announcements > [x86] Announcements

Newby impeached!

<< < (3/5) > >>

Ender:

--- Quote from: Joe on April 01, 2008, 09:31:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: CrAz3D on April 01, 2008, 05:29:29 pm ---
--- Quote from: Joe on April 01, 2008, 02:18:58 pm ---
--- Quote from: iago on April 01, 2008, 10:16:18 am ---I don't think you know what "impeach" means ;)

--- End quote ---

To impeach is to start a vote for removal.

Example:
The United States government started a vote in congress to remove President Clinton from office, but the vote failed.

--- End quote ---
You are not only retarded, but fucking retarded.

Clinton was impeached, as was President Johnson.  Neither were removed from office, however.

--- End quote ---

I SAID Clinton was impeached, and the vote to remove him from office failed. I also said Newby was impeached, but the vote to remove him from office failed.

--- End quote ---

lawls

CrAz3D:

--- Quote from: Joe on April 01, 2008, 09:31:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: CrAz3D on April 01, 2008, 05:29:29 pm ---
--- Quote from: Joe on April 01, 2008, 02:18:58 pm ---
--- Quote from: iago on April 01, 2008, 10:16:18 am ---I don't think you know what "impeach" means ;)

--- End quote ---

To impeach is to start a vote for removal.

Example:
The United States government started a vote in congress to remove President Clinton from office, but the vote failed.

--- End quote ---

Clinton was impeached, as was President Johnson.  Neither were removed from office, however.

--- End quote ---

I SAID Clinton was impeached, and the vote to remove him from office failed. I also said Newby was impeached, but the vote to remove him from office failed.

--- End quote ---

You said impeachment was starting a vote to remove someone, that is wrong.  Impeachment, specifically in the U.S. House of Reps., is simply a majority vote.  It isn't a vote for removal, it's more of what you might compare to a Grand Jury in the regular judicial system.

Conviction of the bad behavior is what removes him, that's another vote.

Newby:

--- Quote from: CrAz3D on April 01, 2008, 11:18:47 pm ---You said impeachment was starting a vote to remove someone, that is wrong.  Impeachment, specifically in the U.S. House of Reps., is simply a majority vote.  It isn't a vote for removal

--- End quote ---

Absolutely none of these, from a glance over, say you're right. :|

CrAz3D:

--- Quote ---The House of Representatives must first pass "articles of impeachment" by a simple majority.
--- End quote ---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment#Process

Then the Senate votes to convict (2/3 required to pass).

The House just says "OK, now the Senate can try him" just as Grand Juries say "OK, now the trial court can try him."

Joe:
Number 6 in newby's list says I'm right.

I declare the horse dead. Want to give it CPR, Craz3d? It bled out, though, so it won't do much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version