Author Topic: Are you an alcoholic?  (Read 7806 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Are you an alcoholic?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2008, 02:26:50 pm »
I didnt even score that high  :o!

lol

which is why this test sucks. you drink almost nightly and I only drink on weekends, yet I scored a 21...

It wasn't necessarily about the frequency of drinking.  During the week I have maybe 1-2 beers w/food.  Weekends/trips are another story, but 1-2 is generally about it.  There was the week after classes that I was just pretty much drunk.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2008, 02:54:17 pm »
Trust: only drinking on weekends doesn't necessarily make you much less of an alcoholic.  Though it does seem that crazed has more of an alcoholic personality than you do.

There are people with serious alcohol problems who probably only drink twice a month.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2008, 03:48:35 pm »
Trust: only drinking on weekends doesn't necessarily make you much less of an alcoholic.  Though it does seem that crazed has more of an alcoholic personality than you do.

There are people with serious alcohol problems who probably only drink twice a month.

And there are people that drink as much as us that don't have alcohol problems.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2008, 03:53:34 pm »
I scored an 8, but I wasn't sure what was meant by some of the questions..like, "How often do you have six or more units of alcohol on one occasion?" I've drank 6 small units, but not like 6 bottles of wine or something Craz3y. And also #10, "concerned" is kinda vague, because obviously with enough friends at least one of them will be concerned, regardless of the magnitude of someone's drinking.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2008, 04:37:48 pm »
I scored an 8, but I wasn't sure what was meant by some of the questions..like, "How often do you have six or more units of alcohol on one occasion?" I've drank 6 small units, but not like 6 bottles of wine or something Craz3y. And also #10, "concerned" is kinda vague, because obviously with enough friends at least one of them will be concerned, regardless of the magnitude of someone's drinking.

A "unit" of alcohol is usually 12.5 oz of beer, a 4-5 oz glass of wine, or a (1 oz) shot of hard (40%) liquor.
So a 9 oz glass of wine would be about 2 units.  A pint of beer would be about 1.5 units.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2008, 05:59:27 pm »
Oh okay, cool, I never knew that.
The writ of the founders must endure.