Author Topic: Woman calls cops because she is locked INSIDE OF HER CAR  (Read 4261 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Woman calls cops because she is locked INSIDE OF HER CAR
« on: June 02, 2008, 06:32:37 pm »
http://www.kutv.com/content/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=89d59491-3910-45c2-9643-3a2fd9347606

WTF!?

The cops should've shot the window to break it, hopefully killing the stupid bitch that was in the vehicle!   >:(

If you can't operate a FUKING CAR DOOR LOCK you shouldn't be alive.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Woman calls cops because she is locked INSIDE OF HER CAR
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 06:42:30 pm »
Haha, that's funny. Although I sort of understand that somebody who's been using automatic locks their whole lives might be confused. :)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 09:18:05 pm »
On just about every car made after 1960, the driver's door opens from the inside regardless of it's lockedness state, and usually the front passenger's door does as well.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 09:29:08 pm »
On just about every car made after 1960, the driver's door opens from the inside regardless of it's lockedness state, and usually the front passenger's door does as well.
???
I've only on very recent cars.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 10:26:20 pm »

I don't buy that.  Almost all cars I've ever been in won't open from either side unless they're unlocked.  I think it's that way for a simple safety reason: it's harder to open the door on accident.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 11:04:11 pm »
From the inside?  It's generally expected that people who would open the door from the inside sit in the back.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 11:07:18 pm »
All modern (I can't vouch for anything pre-'95ish) Ford and Ford-affiliated brands have this 'feature.'  I don't believe it applies to all other brands nor is 1960 anywhere near accurate.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 11:07:50 pm »
From the inside?  It's generally expected that people who would open the door from the inside sit in the back.

Cause we all know people in the front seat never open their doors???

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 11:14:44 pm »

Cause we all know people in the front seat never open their doors???
See: bold

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 11:16:54 pm »
That still doesnt make sense.  If you're inside the car you're going to open the door from the inside ... that goes for every occupant.

Also, like others have said, 1960 is WAY off.  They barely had seat belts then, if EVEN then.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 11:26:53 pm »
That still doesnt make sense.  If you're inside the car you're going to open the door from the inside ... that goes for every occupant.
Unless it's locked.  Next time you sit in the back of a car, ask someone to lock the doors, and then try to open the back doors from the inside.  Then see what happens when you do the same from the front.

[/quote]
Also, like others have said, 1960 is WAY off.  They barely had seat belts then, if EVEN then.
[/quote]Details.  It was a number I made up.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 11:30:51 pm »
All modern (I can't vouch for anything pre-'95ish) Ford and Ford-affiliated brands have this 'feature.'  I don't believe it applies to all other brands nor is 1960 anywhere near accurate.
My '04 Camry has this feature. It's kinda cool when I'm feeling lazy. My uncle's Camry, though, just has all four doors open automagically when the keys are removed.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 11:35:48 pm »
Unless it's locked.  Next time you sit in the back of a car, ask someone to lock the doors, and then try to open the back doors from the inside.  Then see what happens when you do the same from the front.
[/quote]
All of my friends w/sedans have electric locks with a manual rocker that the occupant can utilize to unlock the vehicle.
Not one of my friends w/sedans have doors that automatically unlock when the handle is pulled.

The Ford Five Hundred we rented one time, IIRC, had all four doors unlock just by pulling the door handle (this is from inside the vehicle).

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 02:06:53 am »
On my van, at about 14 years old, if you try to open the drivers door when its locked, it will unlock.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 08:50:42 am »

What?  It's generally expected that anyone who uses the car will open it from the inside of the car... I'm in agreement with Crazed.  I don't think your claim makes any sense.