Author Topic: Woman calls cops because she is locked INSIDE OF HER CAR  (Read 4277 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Woman calls cops because she is locked INSIDE OF HER CAR
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 10:23:24 am »
I'm in agreement with Crazed.

Holy.  Shit.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 07:25:16 pm »
From the inside?  It's generally expected that people who would open the door from the inside sit in the back.

What?  It's generally expected that anyone who uses the car will open it from the inside of the car... I'm in agreement with Crazed.  I don't think your claim makes any sense.
He means that usually this unlocking feature is usually limited to the front doors, not the rear passenger doors.
I, also, don't believe that most cars do this. My '97 Honda doesn't. I have seen a lot of Fords that do it, but not many others. (Then again, I drive a lot of old, and low end cars.)

[Edit]

I'm in agreement with Crazed.

Holy.  Shit.
I agree with Crazed.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 08:56:58 pm »
My family's old Dodge Caravan did it, and the van before that, as well as 2 sedans we used to have (forget which).  My sister's Celica almost has it (no back doors).  Both of our current Camry's do the same thing.

The thing is, kids are supposed to sit in back, and a lot of kids think "hey, I wonder what it'd be like driving at 45mph with the doors open!" (I did, at least), and so locked rear doors don't open from the inside, while front doors do.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 09:37:34 pm »
I've only ever been in one car that auto-unlocked, an old toyota. Every other car I've ever driven, and all of the ones that otherwise jump out at me, do not allow you to open a locked door.

Somewhat off-topic: my car doesn't allow you to lock the driver's door if it's open. Also, there is a switch to disable the window controls in the back, but it's a Saab so the rear controls are hard to find to someone who's unfamiliar with them, and the master controls in the center console are pretty easily reached from the back seat anyways!

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

trust

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 11:58:06 am »
yeah my explorer doesn't let you open the back doors if they're locked. so many people get pissed off at the doors.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 01:51:15 am »
On just about every car made after 1960, the driver's door opens from the inside regardless of it's lockedness state, and usually the front passenger's door does as well.

Not my car.

And you guys should probably quit ragging on this lady. I didn't RTFA, but I know for a fact that I've had to Dukes of Hazard in /out of my car on several occasions cause an idiot thought it'd be cool to hop in the drivers seat and lock the door while I get out (gas station, etc?). Now I make a system of telling everyone who gets in my car for the first time that it takes a half hour to unlock my locks, if you're lucky.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 11:50:28 am »
On just about every car made after 1960, the driver's door opens from the inside regardless of it's lockedness state, and usually the front passenger's door does as well.

Not my car.

And you guys should probably quit ragging on this lady. I didn't RTFA, but I know for a fact that I've had to Dukes of Hazard in /out of my car on several occasions cause an idiot thought it'd be cool to hop in the drivers seat and lock the door while I get out (gas station, etc?). Now I make a system of telling everyone who gets in my car for the first time that it takes a half hour to unlock my locks, if you're lucky.

what car? you're a pedestrian

at least you're saving on gas
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling