Author Topic: Inmate sues to get vegan diet  (Read 6811 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Inmate sues to get vegan diet
« on: June 20, 2008, 03:31:26 pm »
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/06/19/inmate_wins_case_vs_state_over_diet/?mj

He won.

A lowlife child killing, wife beating, SOB should get a vegan diet ... bread and water.

When the fuck did prison become so awesome?  I say we need reform!  Less food, less activity, more executions!  It makes no sense to afford such luxuries to the scum of society when other up standing people do with far less.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Inmate sues to get vegan diet
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 03:35:54 pm »
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2008/06/19/inmate_wins_case_vs_state_over_diet/?mj

He won.

A lowlife child killing, wife beating, SOB should get a vegan diet ... bread and water.

When the fuck did prison become so awesome?  I say we need reform!  Less food, less activity, more executions!  It makes no sense to afford such luxuries to the scum of society when other up standing people do with far less.
Great, except it costs more (on average) to kill a person than it does to keep them in prison for life. And that's not even touching on the objectivity and subjectivity of it all.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 03:36:54 pm »
There are some REALLY nice low security prisons up here.  It's like having your own small villa.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 03:39:38 pm »
I think that's totally reasonable. I mean, I completely disagree with meat (and such) on moral grounds, so it would be absolutely wrong to force a prisoner to do that.

I think that *all* prisoners should be put on vegan diets, but that's just me. :)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 03:41:41 pm »
That's under the current system because we afford them too many luxuries.  To be execute it should cost about $.25 (cost of a bullet) and another $5(?) to burn the body to heat/power the prison.

Execution process should be:
-DNA evidence/video tape evidence/confession (something really strong)
-Conviction
-Sentencing
-Appeal for any error of law
-364 days 'til death

That'd make executions the most inexpensive way to go about business.

There are some REALLY nice low security prisons up here.  It's like having your own small villa.
In elementary(?) school we toured the County Detention center, shit, that place was nicer than my house!  Granted we didn't have all of the luxuries of life, but a very chill A/C and cable TV in jail was more than we had at the house for the longest time (swamp cooler and rabbit ears FTW).

I think that's totally reasonable. I mean, I completely disagree with meat (and such) on moral grounds, so it would be absolutely wrong to force a prisoner to do that.
Prisoners are no longer equal citizens, they are at BEST second class citizens and should be treated as such.  No choices.  No luxuries.  No enjoyment of life.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 03:43:03 pm »
Prisoners are no longer equal citizens, they are at BEST second class citizens and should be treated as such.  No choices.  No luxuries.  No enjoyment of life.
It's not about luxury or enjoyment. It's about the right thing to do.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 03:48:01 pm »
That's under the current system because we afford them too many luxuries.  To be execute it should cost about $.25 (cost of a bullet) and another $5(?) to burn the body to heat/power the prison.
ROFL. You can't be serious.
Can be doctored/can be doctored/are admissable in a court of law in certain circumstances
-Conviction
-Sentencing
So, the normal legal process.
-364 days 'til death
Great. And how do you decide who gets to die? Where's the cut-off line? Is someone who kills 50 cows for no reason more deserving of death than someone who raped a child? You've made absolutely no argument other than "dude we need to kill those guys kekeke." But then again, that's how you roll.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 03:54:37 pm »
-Conviction
-Sentencing
-364 days 'til death

Sorry but no, execution should cost every penny it does because it should only be reserved for the most heinous crimes and only after an extensive process of appeals. Not just one spanning a year.

People on Death Row have been found to be innocent before, if you were on Death Row and were innocent -- would you be comfortable with the fact that your lawyer has 364 days to get you off?

Not to mention that people do genuinely become rehabilitated in prison, and as such there is a potential for a reducing in sentencing to life in prison instead of execution.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 04:05:37 pm »
Is someone who kills 50 cows for no reason more deserving of death than someone who raped a child?

Perhaps I missed something, but I didn't think killing 50 cows for no reason would get you life in prison. brb, moving to Canada.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 04:20:13 pm »
Anyway ... back to people not deserving luxuries in prison as we've pretty much beat the killing-people-horse dead twice

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 04:27:59 pm »
Anyway ... back to people not deserving luxuries in prison as we've pretty much beat the killing-people-horse dead twice
And back to my last post that you seem to have ignored, having a vegan diet isn't a luxury.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 04:35:35 pm »
Having a CHOICE is a luxury.  Everyone should eat only what they need to survive without dying.  Maybe vegan IS the way to go.  Bread and water and a small bag of peanuts.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 04:39:21 pm »
I believe that a life sentence is a harsher punishment than execution. Executions are just very, very late term abortions, and should be reserved for extraordinary cases. To be clear, I'm pro-execution, but I'd only want it to be a federal sentence, by a high court. I wouldn't want a murderer or a child molester executed, but I would say blowing up a building is a pretty good reason to execute someone - not as a punishment, but as a way to eliminate the threat.

I agree that prisoners do have it easier than they should, but I'm not for bread and water and 140 degree cells; that's cruel, and contradictory to a system based on reform. In the case of non-life first-time offenders, prisoners should be given the opportunity to get some fundamental education where applicable, to hopefully become people who are beneficial to society. Sometimes that is a pipe dream, so that's why I say first-timers only. In certain low-security prisons, there are programs like that, but it's pretty rare because of the expense.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 04:58:43 pm »
Having a CHOICE is a luxury.  Everyone should eat only what they need to survive without dying.  Maybe vegan IS the way to go.  Bread and water and a small bag of peanuts.
You're probably right that meat and dairy are more of a luxury than vegetables. Eating a pure veggie diet would probably be cheaper and easier than a diet including meat/dairy, and is just as nutritious done properly.

Bread, water, and peanuts aren't enough to survive, though. There are important nutrients (iron, potassium, b12, even vitamin C) that they would be missing. But a proper mixture of fruit, vegetables and grains could do it.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 07:31:15 pm »
Convicts are second class citizens, hell in 14 states ex-cons lose their right to vote even after serving their time (which I feel is wrong).
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org