Member Forums > Ender's Book Club

Concerning the Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

(1/2) > >>

rabbit:
I'm concerned about the quote in your sig.  Just for reference:
--- Quote ---One must ask oneself: "do I will that trolling should become a universal law?" And then when one realizes, "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
--- End quote ---
Examining this, I feel troubled.  Should trolling become universal law, then everyone would troll, and thus trolling would have no meaning and as such, would not be trolling at all.

Ender:
The concept of trolling is metaphysical in nature, so it is independent of the status quo. In Kant's intelligible world, you are the only one trolling.

There is no need to worry. The future of our franchise lies quite comfortably in the vanguard of philosophy.

topaz~:
Oh, most definitely.

rabbit:

--- Quote from: Ender on July 13, 2008, 11:40:54 pm ---The concept of trolling is metaphysical in nature, so it is independent of the status quo. In Kant's intelligible world, you are the only one trolling.

There is no need to worry. The future of our franchise lies quite comfortably in the vanguard of philosophy.

--- End quote ---
My basis is on Kant's first categorical imperative: can the maxim be universalized?  If it were to happen, it would not be, thus trolling can never be universalized.

truste1:
Well each troll would continue to attempt to outtroll and thus everyone would be trolling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version