Author Topic: Canadian beheaded on bus.  (Read 7380 times)

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
Re: Canadian beheaded on bus.
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2008, 03:39:55 am »
I think you have a mental condition, but you don't see me suggesting that we put you to death.

You're just afraid he'll behead you on your way home from work if you suggest that.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2008, 03:50:02 am »
I think you have a mental condition, but you don't see me suggesting that we put you to death.

You're just afraid he'll behead you on your way home from work if you suggest that.

Haha!
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2008, 09:31:46 am »
I agree with Crazed in that this guy is a huge risk to society -- more so than most first degree murderers.  Even if he has schizophrenia and takes medication that helps him to some extent, I don't think he should be let free.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2008, 09:48:24 am »
I agree with Crazed in that this guy is a huge risk to society -- more so than most first degree murderers.  Even if he has schizophrenia and takes medication that helps him to some extent, I don't think he should be let free.

I definitely agree with that part.  While I think it seems unfortunate and sad that this seems like the best thing to do, it also seems like it'd be a greater wrong to let him be free.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2008, 10:04:14 am »

I definitely agree with that part.  While I think it seems unfortunate and sad that this seems like the best thing to do, it also seems like it'd be a greater wrong to let him be free.

I think it depends if he's treatable or not. It's fully possible for an otherwise normal person to have a psychotic break, if they aren't taking proper medication.

That happened to my friend's husband, for example. Long story (that I've already posted here) short, he wasn't getting the right medication, had a break, tried to kill his ex-girlfriend (mistress?), ended up getting killed by the police.

It's a very unfortunate situation, but before the doctors screwed up he was living a perfectly normal life.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2008, 10:10:03 am »

I was waiting for CrAz3D to deny that he himself even has a mental condition so that I could say crazy folks deny it. And then I was going to suggest we behead him. Way to ruin it. :(

I agree, but death? Maybe it's due to the fact that I have a family member who's schizophrenic and has had outbursts in the past, but having received treatment, he's sort of mellowed out. Sure, there's the likelihood that he'll go berserker mode, more so than the next guy, but still...
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.