Author Topic: Ding!  (Read 8508 times)

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
Re: Ding!
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 08:16:31 am »
Maybe you should roll on a server that doesn't suck ass?  Or maybe you think so highly of yourself that everyone outside of your group of friends appears to be an "asshole" or stupid?   I don't have problems with most of the people I run into and can generally chat about whatever comes to mind.
Yeah, because a post like that doesn't make you come off as an asshole at all, rofl

Generalizations are irritating.  When I think RP, I think of the kids in Goldshire, yanno?  Does that mean everyone cybers around the fire?  I actually think I ran into more assholes when I started playing WoW on Feathermoon and didn't know too much about the game than I have on the other 3 *PvP servers I have lvl40+ characters on.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 10:49:46 am »
Maybe you should roll on a server that doesn't suck ass?  Or maybe you think so highly of yourself that everyone outside of your group of friends appears to be an "asshole" or stupid?   I don't have problems with most of the people I run into and can generally chat about whatever comes to mind.
Yeah, because a post like that doesn't make you come off as an asshole at all, rofl

Generalizations are irritating.  When I think RP, I think of the kids in Goldshire, yanno?  Does that mean everyone cybers around the fire?  I actually think I ran into more assholes when I started playing WoW on Feathermoon and didn't know too much about the game than I have on the other 3 *PvP servers I have lvl40+ characters on.

All I can say is my experiences have been completely opposite, and I've played on two RP servers and three PvP servers. :\

I made an observation based on these experiences; it's not based on nothing -- it's a legitimate inductive argument.  My sample space isn't ideal, but I feel that it's more than sufficient to make a casual claim like I did.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 11:07:51 am by Sidoh »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 06:43:29 pm »

To some extent, that's true.  I'm fairly intolerant of people who don't apply critical thinking in the majority of their serious discussions.  Almost everyone I've encountered that I haven't "befriended" is the type of person who fails to form a reasonable argument for even the simplest of issues.  While I can cope with this sort of behavior in small amounts, it irks me to no end if it's frequent.  I'm also fairly intolerant of consistent immaturity.

Hopefully you realize that both terms I mentioned are pretty relative.  You probably wouldn't consider the average person on a PvP server an asshole if you either act like them or have a high tolerance for their behavior.  I have the opposite of both properties, so I hope you can see why I consider people who run around doing /spit and /rofl to random people assholes.