Author Topic: China's "women" who are really 14 and not 16, which is required  (Read 3968 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
These posts are quoted from another site I visit where I originally posted this topic.
IOC refuses to doubt China's kid gymnasts - Selena Roberts - SI.com

Interesting.  We (friends) noticed the missing teeth as well. 

China is a shady place, and everyone knows it.  The article mentions Cheek's last-minute-revocation of his Visa.  Strange that China wouldn't want someone there who opposes their support of genocide in Darfur.  Not mention their attempts to clear the air in Beijing.

I'm not saying that the American women should've won (they made some large mistakes), but things seem fishy. :-|

Quote from: jmichna;1262643
NYT Article
NPR Radio Interview: Age Of China's Gold-Medal Gymnasts Questioned

From Hot Air:

There’s really no doubt about it and no one’s much pretending that there is. If the photos don’t convince you, read the NYT or LAT or listen to NPR and you’ll find them all citing the fact that records available online show some of the girls to be no older than 14, two years younger than the cut-off for the competition. And frankly, even that seems a stretch. From the Times:

“One of the girls has a missing tooth,” [U.S. coordinator Martha] Karolyi said, suggesting that the gymnast was so young that she lost a baby tooth and had yet to have a permanent one emerge…

Half of the team — He Kexin, Yang Yilin, Jiang Yuyuan — would be under age, according to online sports registration lists in China. The international gymnastics federation, however, said those gymnasts were eligible and that the ages on their passports were correct…

Because China and the United States competed on the same events each rotation, it was easier to notice differences in their body types. The Chinese gymnasts lack curves, have an average height of 4 feet 9 inches and weigh an average of 77 pounds. Deng is the smallest, at 4-6 and 68 pounds. The women on the United States team, generally more muscular and shapely than the Chinese, are an average of 3 ½ inches taller and 30 pounds heavier.

The event in which the Chinese blew the U.S. team away? The uneven bars — perfectly suited, per NPR’s reporter, for smaller, lighter girls. So egregious is this fraud, in fact, that even NBC’s not shying away from it. Watch the exchange below with Bela Karolyi, former U.S. coach and Martha’s husband, talking about how easy it would be for the Chinese to doctor the passports they’re citing as evidence of the girls’ age. The Olympics committee has washed its hands of the matter, declaring they accept the passports as legitimate lest they offend the host, so toss this alongside the 1972 basketball final as another example of a famously corrupt organization looking the other way at malfeasance to accommodate a politically palatable end.

Quote from: jmichna;1262661
Gateway Pundit
Thursday, August 14, 2008

SPUN GOLD--- CHINA BUSTED Scrubbing Internet of Articles That Show Gymnasts Are Too Young To Compete! (Updated!)           

Check out the updates below---
China Caught Scrubbing Internet-- Gymnasts Are Too Young!

Between 2003 and 2006 the General Administration of Sport of China reported that Chinese gymnast Yang Yilin was born on Aug. 26, 1993.
In 2007 the Chinese bumped her birth date back to Aug. 26, 1992:

There were already reports questioning the age of the Chinese gymnasts before the gymnastics team competition last night.

But, after the world got a better look at the teens with missing baby teeth there were several reports today on the controversy.
The New York Times reported on August 4, 2008:[INDENT]With the start of the women's gymnastics competition less than one week away, questions are again being raised about the age of a Chinese gymnast scheduled to compete at the Beijing Games.

Yang Yilin, a top contender for gold in the all-around and the uneven bars, could be 14 instead of the minimum age of 16, The Associated Press reported Sunday.

She is the third of six Olympians on the Chinese women's gymnastics team whose age has been questioned in the lead-up to these Olympics.

Registration lists from 2003 to 2006, previously posted on the Web site of the General Administration of Sport of China, said Yang was born on Aug. 26, 1993, which means she will turn 15 later this month. Gymnasts must turn 16 during the year of the Olympics to be eligible to compete in the Games.

On the 2007 registration list, Yang's birthday changed to Aug. 26, 1992, suddenly making her old enough for the Olympics, The A.P. said.

Chinese gymnastics officials have not yet addressed the question of Yang's age. Jacques Rogge, the president of the International Olympic Committee, said in a news conference Saturday that age eligibility was not an I.O.C. issue, and that the International Gymnastics Federation, known by the acronym F.I.G., is in charge of making sure gymnasts are old enough to compete.

The F.I.G.'s secretary general, André Gueisbuhler, told The A.P. that he would not comment about Yang's age because he had not seen the paperwork. [/INDENT]
Four of the six gymnasts on the Chinese women’s Olympic team — Yang Yilin, He Kexin, Deng Linlin and Jiang Yuyuan — at an Olympic souvenir store at the athletes’ village Sunday in Beijing. (Photos by Juliet Macur/The New York Times)

There were reports last month that the Chinese had previously listed two of the gymnasts as ineligible to compete in the Beijing Games due to their age.
The Belfast Telegraph reported:[INDENT]Two female Chinese gymnasts, including a gold-medal favourite, might be too young to participate in the Beijing Olympics. Several online records and reports show He Kexin, the host nation's top competitor on uneven bars, and Jiang Yuyuan might not yet be 16, the minimum age for Olympic eligibility for gymnastics. Both were chosen for China's team last week.

On the website of the Chengdu Sports Bureau – Chengdu is the capital of Sichuan province in southwest China – a file dated January 2006 shows He as being born 1 January 1994. Most recently, a 23 May story in the China Daily newspaper, the official English language paper of the Chinese government, had He's age as 14. The newspaper story says: "The 14-year-old newcomer to the national team, who was recruited last year, has raised a lot of eyebrows recently after she broke two world records on the uneven bars in as many months." [/INDENT]UPDATE: China is caught scrubbing the internet---
In an article from May 23, 2008 on gymnast He Kexin (Google cache):

In the original article on May 23rd of this year the China Daily reported:[INDENT]"The 14-year old newcomer to the national team, who was recruited last year, has raised a lot of eyebrows recently after she broke two world records on the uneven bars in as many months."[/INDENT]But, since it was first published in May the article has been scrubbed:

The article at the China Daily now reads:[INDENT]The 16-year-old newcomer to the national team, who was recruited last year, has raised a lot of eyebrows recently after she broke two world records on the uneven bars in as many months.[/INDENT]China.org also has the article posted saying the gymnast was 14.

UPDATE 2: Another article on He Kexin at Xina Sports news service, via China Digital Times, had her age listed as 13 in November 2007.

Here is a translated view of that article on He Kexin from last November claiming she was 13 at the time:

This article was originally written in the official language of China so they cannot claim it was mistranslated.

The AP says the page is no longer available.

But, too bad for China the articles were saved in the internet archives.

Offline Falcon

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
Re: China's "women" who are really 14 and not 16, which is required
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 10:14:28 pm »
Oh well, its not like the U.S. gymnasts fell off the beams and stepped out of bounds multiple times because their opponents were too young...

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 10:32:40 pm »
im not surprised that china did that. i mean come on they are china.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 10:51:11 pm »
Oh well, its not like the U.S. gymnasts fell off the beams and stepped out of bounds multiple times because their opponents were too young...

Bingo! If we had won gold, there would be none of this. None.

But we're a bunch of crybabies about it. Oh well.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 11:02:07 pm »

But we're a bunch of crybabies about it. Oh well.

Speak for yourself; I don't give a shit that they cheated and won.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 12:04:17 am »
Speak for yourself; I don't give a shit that they cheated and won.

From the way I said it, you'd figure I didn't, either, therefore I was not referring to you (or myself) in the we. Relax.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 02:27:08 am »

Maybe not, but it doesn't change the fact that China had an advantage (smaller bodies have an advantage in weight distribution from what my gym friends say).

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 01:50:29 pm »
Does that really negate the problem?
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Falcon

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 03:11:34 pm »
Whats with the age limit anyways if the Olympics is about the best of the best? I mean if someone can perform at a top level at a young age then why shouldn't they be allowed to?

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 04:00:30 pm »
Whats with the age limit anyways if the Olympics is about the best of the best? I mean if someone can perform at a top level at a young age then why shouldn't they be allowed to?
That's like saying "We'll have a contest about who can climb across the monkey bars longest, but you have to not touch the ground at all and you have to touch every monkey bar.  And the monkey bars are only 6 inches apart.  And 3.5 feet from the ground."  Clearly, the contest is better-suited to a child.  Obviously I'm exaggerating the difference, but if you didn't read the article, then you don't know.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 02:21:12 am »
i found a picture comparing the us girls to  china:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g143/Hagen_ho/other/china.jpg

Offline topaz~

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 05:24:11 am »
An obviously deceptive shot - the perspective is angled, and without a frame of reference, you can't tell how tall the Chinese athletes are.

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 05:36:37 am »
An obviously deceptive shot - the perspective is angled, and without a frame of reference, you can't tell how tall the Chinese athletes are.

BS; pespective is simple. You need to know how far away the camera was, though. Once you figure out the camera's field of view, you can easily interpret the picture as you would with your eyes if you were in the stadium.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 06:25:16 am »
lol, BAD. The Chinese team is 3.7 inches shorter, on average. That picture puts them at about a 2 foot disadvantage :P

Technically I think it's a matter of ~25 degree angle offset + considerable use of the zoom-in feature.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 07:00:38 am by Ender »

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 10:11:18 am »
in defense look at their handshake the us women has their arms fully extend down while the chinese has their arms at a 90 deg angle.

Offline while1

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 02:45:41 pm »
chinese females are a pedophile's dream?
I tend to edit my topics and replies frequently.

http://www.operationsmile.org