Author Topic: Someone got into truck, rummaged around and took iPod  (Read 25546 times)

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
Re: Someone got into truck, rummaged around and took iPod
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2008, 01:26:20 am »
I still don't see how rape is relevant at all. If a woman were to dress provocatively and put her goodies on display, and then gets raped, then you could use that as your arguing point since she's practically asking for it.
Right, because going "Hey look, i have a nice body and i don't care about keeping it conservative!" totally translates to "OMG LOOK AT MY BOOBIES, THEY'RE EVERYWHERE, PLEASE GET ME NAKED AND TAKE ME HARD."

I should probably clarify since you're nitpicking without regard to the point I was trying to get across. A woman dressing provocatively is more prone to harrassment than a woman who's dressing conservatively.

Since CrAz3D's iPod was left visible in his truck, it was more prone to being broken into as opposed to if he had concealed it.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2008, 01:32:05 am »
CrAz3D is being a jerk in this thread, and I don't think he is a very thoughtful person, but he is somewhat right in the sense that this is not completely his fault. If you were to leave your car doors unlocked, with the key in the ignition, and someone stole your car, and was caught, he would held totally responsible in the eyes of the law. These measures we take to protect ourselves would be mostly useless if no-one were.out there consciously doing the wrong thing.

On the other hand, you could say "if I hadn't made it so easy for my car to be stolen, it likely wouldn't have been". So in that sense, you are partly responsible. But should you still lock the car? CrAz3Ds analogy about getting raped applies in this situation. Should a pretty girl really make herself ugly in order to avoid being raped? Of course everyone instinctively wants to say "no", but following the same line of reasoning we applied to the car situation, the answer could well be "yes". Like most choices, this is another optimization problem. Is the decreased chance of being raped worth sacrificing your appearance? Probably not. Is the decreased chance of having your car stolen worth the extra effort of making sure it is locked? Most likely.

Breaking and entering and theft are independent crimes. If you leave your keys in an unlocked car and it's stolen, your insurance company won't cover it. It's your responsibility to secure your belongings.

It sucks that the iPod was stolen, but that doesn't make it any less CrAz3D's fault.
See the rape comparison. Crime of convenience/the woman's fault.

I still don't see how rape is relevant at all. If a woman were to dress provocatively and put her goodies on display, and then gets raped, then you could use that as your arguing point since she's practically asking for it. A woman dresses conservatively and gets raped? Not her fault.

Your truck got broken into because you left your goodies (iPod) in plain sight. It's your fault. Had you concealed your goodies, your truck probably wouldn't have been broken into.

Quit trying to justify yourself with irrelevant points.

You're saying that its OK to rape a pretty woman?!

Wow.  Holy fucking shit.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2008, 01:55:14 am »
I still don't see how rape is relevant at all. If a woman were to dress provocatively and put her goodies on display, and then gets raped, then you could use that as your arguing point since she's practically asking for it.
Right, because going "Hey look, i have a nice body and i don't care about keeping it conservative!" totally translates to "OMG LOOK AT MY BOOBIES, THEY'RE EVERYWHERE, PLEASE GET ME NAKED AND TAKE ME HARD."

Pretty much. Let's use this example: Homeowners put a "For Sale" sign at their house when they wish to sell. Women put on sexy clothes when they want to be rammed by Warrior.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2008, 02:26:06 am »
CrAz3D is being a jerk in this thread, and I don't think he is a very thoughtful person, but he is somewhat right in the sense that this is not completely his fault. If you were to leave your car doors unlocked, with the key in the ignition, and someone stole your car, and was caught, he would held totally responsible in the eyes of the law. These measures we take to protect ourselves would be mostly useless if no-one were.out there consciously doing the wrong thing.

On the other hand, you could say "if I hadn't made it so easy for my car to be stolen, it likely wouldn't have been". So in that sense, you are partly responsible. But should you still lock the car? CrAz3Ds analogy about getting raped applies in this situation. Should a pretty girl really make herself ugly in order to avoid being raped? Of course everyone instinctively wants to say "no", but following the same line of reasoning we applied to the car situation, the answer could well be "yes". Like most choices, this is another optimization problem. Is the decreased chance of being raped worth sacrificing your appearance? Probably not. Is the decreased chance of having your car stolen worth the extra effort of making sure it is locked? Most likely.

Breaking and entering and theft are independent crimes. If you leave your keys in an unlocked car and it's stolen, your insurance company won't cover it. It's your responsibility to secure your belongings.

It sucks that the iPod was stolen, but that doesn't make it any less CrAz3D's fault.

I still don't see how rape is relevant at all. If a woman were to dress provocatively and put her goodies on display, and then gets raped, then you could use that as your arguing point since she's practically asking for it. A woman dresses conservatively and gets raped? Not her fault.

Your truck got broken into because you left your goodies (iPod) in plain sight. It's your fault. Had you concealed your goodies, your truck probably wouldn't have been broken into.

Wow.  Holy fucking shit.

By the way, not all women that dress slutty are "pretty". Hell, a transvestite can wear a miniskirt... doesn't hide the adam's apple at all.

You homo.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2008, 02:37:08 am »
By the way, not all women that dress slutty are "pretty". Hell, a transvestite can wear a miniskirt... doesn't hide the adam's apple at all.

You homo.

Oh, you.  ;)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2008, 02:49:54 am »

Wow. Holy fucking shit.

Way to be a troll. I look forward to your getting kicked out of x86.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2008, 02:56:39 am »
Haha.  He's not very good at it, either.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2008, 03:12:40 am »
A woman, no matter how provocatively dressed, will most likely only get kidnapped and raped if the only person around is the raper. A woman usually dresses provocatively in order to attract attention

Woman A dresses provocatively and walks into a bad neighborhood alone in the middle of the night, and thus possibly gains attention from a walker-by at a very high risk of getting raped.
CrAz3D left his window cracked and his iPod in plain-sight in his car in a parking lot he claims to have known is home to homeless people that like to slash tires, and thus gained 2-5 seconds at a very high risk of getting his iPod stolen..
Woman B dresses provocatively and goes to the mall mid-day, and thus usually gains attention at a very low risk.

CrAz3D and Woman A took very high risks for very little gain. Own up to your mistake.

EDIT: According to iago's "Slut-o-Meter", Woman A is 60.84% promiscuous, and Woman B is 2.4336 times less promiscuous at only 25%. This proves that CrAz3D is an asshole. Case closed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 03:31:42 am by Metal Militia »
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2008, 03:33:44 am »

Wow. Holy fucking shit.

I propose a day of mourning for the loss of such a respected figure.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2008, 11:55:46 am »
I propose a day of mourning for the loss of such a respected figure.

Aren't you and the family of trolls the reason why he didn't get kicked out the first time? lol

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2008, 12:28:32 pm »

Wow. Holy fucking shit.

...I dont want to be in with people that like to rape women.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2008, 12:36:07 pm »
Ugh, trolling shouldn't be obvious if you want it to be effective.  If you're going to do something, you might as well do it right.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2008, 12:39:12 pm »
Ugh, trolling shouldn't be obvious if you want it to be effective.  If you're going to do something, you might as well do it right.
There's a reason I stopped responding. Look at his first bunch of replies -- he's obviously in it for a reaction. :)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2008, 03:02:29 pm »
I should probably clarify since you're nitpicking without regard to the point I was trying to get across. A woman dressing provocatively is more prone to harrassment than a woman who's dressing conservatively.

Since CrAz3D's iPod was left visible in his truck, it was more prone to being broken into as opposed to if he had concealed it.
The nitpicking makes a world of difference in the meaning of your statement.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2008, 03:07:40 pm »

Yeah, what kind of idiot does something as juvenile as forum trolling?