Author Topic: Blind man goes hunting!  (Read 11048 times)

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Blind man goes hunting!
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 07:14:57 pm »
...regardless of what he is doing...

no

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 07:16:14 pm »
Yes I meant raping, setting cats on fire (NEDM reference), and touching little children like the old man on Family Guy.

When I say "regardless of what hes doing" I am constraining that phrase into the bounds of legality.

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 07:18:19 pm »
When are you going to get kicked out of x86, btw?
So it appears as though someone is showing you the member forums?  Sounds like an interesting breach of security
That reminds me of a Seinfeld quote:

Elaine: Hey George, Jerry says you get this sweater on discount because of a red spot
George: Jerry, how could you betray me?
Jerry: She tricked you, you idiot! I never told her!

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 07:20:43 pm »
CrAz3D just caused a breach of security by revealing private clan information! :O
Immediate grounds for expulsion?

« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 07:25:12 pm by Rule »

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 07:36:04 pm »
CrAz3D just caused a breach of security by revealing private clan information! :O
Immediate grounds for expulsion?

Haha, win!

And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 07:49:58 pm »
I fail to see the problem with hunting. It helps keep the animal population in check so many of them don't end up starving in the winter. Starvation might be considered the natural order of things, whereas a bullet to the chest is pretty uncommon in nature. Then again, starving seems to be a lot crueler.
errr... something like that...

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 07:51:04 pm »
I fail to see the problem with hunting. It helps keep the animal population in check so many of them don't end up starving in the winter. Starvation might be considered the natural order of things, whereas a bullet to the chest is pretty uncommon in nature. Then again, starving seems to be a lot crueler.

Sorry that not all of us are vegan iago :P

Edit: Yes that was an indirect statement
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 07:54:58 pm by Lead »

Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers. - Homer Simpson

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2008, 07:55:12 pm »

To be fair, I argued in FAVOUR (that's "favor") of hunting; at least, in most ways, it's better than farming.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2008, 10:03:57 pm »
When are you going to get kicked out of x86, btw?
So it appears as though someone is showing you the member forums?  Sounds like an interesting breach of security

No-one had told me that.  Thanks for confirming the obvious though. lol!

LOL. Way to go.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Lead

• x86
  • Shaman of Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 07:09:11 am »

To be fair, I argued in FAVOUR (that's "favor") of hunting; at least, in most ways, it's better than farming.

That is why I put my edit in my thread :P

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 10:26:08 am »
I should clarify: I mean to say that shooting an animal as a point of pride is a vile act. If the intent is to use the animal as a resource, then I feel it's justified.

That's exactly the same logic for why I think hunting is vile. That's not to say I'm going to stop eating meat or anything, I just think that shooting a wild animal is cruel.
That's totally insane. Farming animals is unimaginably more cruel than hunting. At least hunting it's one instance of pain and that's it (generally), you aren't imprisoning them their whole life and keeping them just alive enough to be food!
There are farms where animals are raised to be hunted; they are most definitely not mutually exclusive.

As far as cruelty in farming goes, what you're referring to is primarily a problem with poultry, which I don't generally eat anyways. Thanksgiving is one major exception.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Camel

• View Profile
    • BNU Bot
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 10:29:46 am »

That's total bullshit. What do you think they did before our species evolved?

Inaction can not be immoral.

<Camel> i said what what
<Blaze> in the butt
<Camel> you want to do it in my butt?
<Blaze> in my butt
<Camel> let's do it in the butt
<Blaze> Okay!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 12:29:50 pm »

Painfully obvious.

Inaction can not be immoral.

That's total bullshit.  If you're sitting in a lawn chair, sipping iced tea by a lake when you see a stranger drowning, inaction would be staying in your chair and doing nothing about it.  That's pretty clearly immoral.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 12:37:46 pm »
That's totally insane. Farming animals is unimaginably more cruel than hunting. At least hunting it's one instance of pain and that's it (generally), you aren't imprisoning them their whole life and keeping them just alive enough to be food!
There are farms where animals are raised to be hunted; they are most definitely not mutually exclusive.

As far as cruelty in farming goes, what you're referring to is primarily a problem with poultry, which I don't generally eat anyways. Thanksgiving is one major exception.
I obviously meant in the general case.

And it's not just poultry, farming is cruel at the best of times (it's basically equivalent of raising humans in jail) (and it's rarely the best of times).

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 02:56:17 pm »
My guess would be that other predators kept their populations in check. Of course, there was still that life cycle where there'd be tons of predators, not much prey, so a bunch of predators died off, and the prey made a return. This would let the predators come back in force, and the cycle goes on. Unfortunately, humans kicked the shit out of predator populations, leaving man as the only viable predator in many regions. Hunting works. It keeps the populations in check, and people get food out of it.

Besides, it's not like sportsmen are going out and killing most of these animals just for hell of it. It might not just be for food, but I've yet to meet a hunter who lets game meat just go to waste.
errr... something like that...