Author Topic: Spore blasted for draconian DRM  (Read 8980 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Spore blasted for draconian DRM
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 04:25:46 pm »
I submitted this to digg. Just to see if I could make the front page, or if someone else who's big on digg would make their own story in a blog and get their buddies to digg it up.

:P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 04:26:48 pm »
I submitted this to digg. Just to see if I could make the front page, or if someone else who's big on digg would make their own story in a blog and get their buddies to digg it up.

:P
Link!

<edit> also, be sure you use the word "censorship". :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 04:29:30 pm by iago »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 01:09:33 am »
Ratings are back. Guess Amazon figured that its own name wasn't worth losing in a futile attempt to save EA's name?
- Newby

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 01:30:13 am »
Ratings are back. Guess Amazon figured that its own name wasn't worth losing in a futile attempt to save EA's name?

Or there was a conflict of opinion in the management chain.  I think that's probably more likely.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 04:10:34 am »
From some random review I scrolled past:
The 1-star rating chaps clearly have something other than a single computer installation on their minds. They likely went to the Warez sites, downloaded the game, and wondered why it did not work. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
lolol
my copy works great, no drm no hassle!
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 04:13:58 am »
From some random review I scrolled past:
The 1-star rating chaps clearly have something other than a single computer installation on their minds. They likely went to the Warez sites, downloaded the game, and wondered why it did not work. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

lol... that's really stupid.  DRM is more than a huge inconvenience.  Those are the kind of people that would happily live in a world like 1984 because they don't give a shit about their freedoms. :(

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 12:21:54 pm »
EA has relented a bit: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/22/ea_spore_drm_changes/

They still have some of the core issues I dislike, but I like seeing that they got the picture. Kinda. :)