Author Topic: Warhammer Online!  (Read 15368 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Warhammer Online!
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2008, 07:33:44 pm »
And, you should've considered not calling me 'FreaK-a-leeko-O' if you didn't want to start an argument. I'll inevitably ignore you for sounding like a douchebag anyways, though.

Holy shit chill, what the fuck? Your tone seriously just scared the fuck out of me. I was merely asking your thoughts, don't bite my dick off or anything. Different perceptions of game genres don't require a major war among brethren.

Sorry, it just didn't come across like you were trying to be constructive. My fault for reading it wrong... Though really, FreaK-a-leek-O? Where'd that come from? XD

[Frea]Kaleeko?
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2008, 01:14:31 pm »

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2008, 12:55:09 pm »
Blah, I haven't played since the first two days of the head start, really. For some reason I haven't felt the real desire to play. I think it's the choppy animations in the distance, and some of the clunky feel to the game that's really turning me away right now.

I still feel the desire to log onto wow every other day, though. :P
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2008, 01:16:46 pm »
Blah, I haven't played since the first two days of the head start, really. For some reason I haven't felt the real desire to play. I think it's the choppy animations in the distance, and some of the clunky feel to the game that's really turning me away right now.

I still feel the desire to log onto wow every other day, though. :P

Definitely things they're still working on. :-/ I don't notice it a lot on my zealot, because things are so fast paced and I'm throwing out heals so fast I don't have time to notice my zealot isn't quite throwing things at the exact same time the numbers are popping up. I'm sure it'll be something they improve in the future, but for now... It is a bit annoying.

I enjoy it, but that's because I'm doing non-stop PvP, and it makes it more entertaining than just questing. I also only play with Shawn, duo questing makes doing things, especially PQs, a lot easier.

I suggest not playing a Squig Herder, though. Right now, they suck. :-/ That on top of the glitches that WAR has isn't going to make the game very fun. That's the unfortunate thing about WoW, is that it's had years to work out all the kinks so in the end it looks more appealling.. But, I'm even more perturbed with them right now for offering all their silly programs and giving all the classes 'I Win' Buttons that... It doesn't even look like it'd be fun.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2008, 03:54:43 pm »
true, and i think wow is only going to become more 'I Win' button-ish after wotlk comes out. It sounds like things are being way dumbed down. I haven't researched it a whole lot, but that's the feedback I've been given.

I'll try a Zealot, then.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2008, 05:31:16 pm »
true, and i think wow is only going to become more 'I Win' button-ish after wotlk comes out. It sounds like things are being way dumbed down. I haven't researched it a whole lot, but that's the feedback I've been given.

I'll try a Zealot, then.

Warning: Zealots are healbots. Good healbots (I'm Tarish: http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/173/tarishf014ym5.jpg ) but still, healbots. If you want something which is better at DPS+Healing, stick to a shaman or a Disciple of Khaine. Zealots are still amazingly fun, and insanely mobile healers in PvP (I end up kiting multiple melee classes around most of the time, and they just can't kill me, it's lolicious), but you won't kill things quick. Which is why I level with a Sorceress. She's squishie and blows herself up, so I always have something to heal.

They'll keep tweaking the classes for sure, but as it stands right now, Magus/Engineer and Squig herder/Shadow Warrior pairings are a bit broken, and ALL classes have really wonky animations. Zealots are just hard to notice because most of my spells are quick or instants, so the animations usually fit. Not to mention, I'm usually getting beat on and running, or frantically tossing out heals, so it's hard to notice my character looks funny.

On WoW: WotLK looks like junk. Sure, fun for a bit, but... apparently some of the new things are so overpowered that it screws with the whole game. There's no way to one shot people in WAR, and I'm very pleased with that.