Author Topic: Canabis OD  (Read 4290 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Canabis OD
« on: September 02, 2008, 03:43:37 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,414542,00.html

Really?  Never heard of that before.  Left her vomiting and all. 

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Canabis OD
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 04:10:57 pm »
Medics are worried Amy’s brain was damaged by the cannabis overdose — she displayed symptoms normally associated with schizophrenia.

Fail.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 04:17:53 pm »
How the hell do you overdose on Cannabis?  There's no way any human can do that with Cannabis alone..
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 04:19:32 pm »
Yeah, they're totally right, it's definitely not the other dozen drugs she did.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 04:30:38 pm »
Medics are worried Amy’s brain was damaged by the cannabis overdose — she displayed symptoms normally associated with schizophrenia.

Fail.
I believe that the main risk from cannabis is "exacerbating the effects of depression, psychosis, schizophrenia, bronchitis, and emphysema" (source). In other words, it can make a condition that's already present worse, or more apparent.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 05:06:48 pm »
Can't overdose on cannabis. It's the meth and shit she's doing.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 09:42:07 pm »

Fail.
I believe that the main risk from cannabis is "exacerbating the effects of depression, psychosis, schizophrenia, bronchitis, and emphysema" (source). In other words, it can make a condition that's already present worse, or more apparent.

I think you stumbled on a new psychiatric trick! Fuck diagnosis, just get your patient high as fuck and see what comes of it.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 11:54:47 pm »
I think you stumbled on a new psychiatric trick! Fuck diagnosis, just get your patient high as fuck and see what comes of it.
Awesome idea!

That also gives me an idea for a new AIDS test -- expose them to a bunch of germs and see how sick they get!

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 01:10:47 am »
Awesome idea!

That also gives me an idea for a new AIDS test -- expose them to a bunch of germs and see how sick they get!

Haha, logic ftw!
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 01:28:07 am »
Awesome idea!

Haha, logic ftw!

This post brought to you by... smoking!  It's cool!
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 06:12:26 am »
You can overdose on THC iirc, but not by smoking. You'd have to ingest the oil either as a liquid through extraction, or as a vapor using a vaporizer. You would still need to consume a shitload though, and all you'd undergo is the previously mentioned psychosis.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline abc

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 07:37:34 am »
You can overdose on THC iirc, but not by smoking. You'd have to ingest the oil either as a liquid through extraction, or as a vapor using a vaporizer. You would still need to consume a shitload though, and all you'd undergo is the previously mentioned psychosis.

Most people, don't have access to pure THC anyway, as an oil anyway. And in the case that they do like you said it has to be a shitload. I read a while ago a person would have to smoke something like 45lbs of pot in under 30 minutes or something (impossible) to OD.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 07:57:18 am »
Awesome idea!

best post ever
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 08:16:35 am »
Well, the article DID say that she consumed an "inhuman amount".

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 05:28:13 pm »
Well, the article DID say that she consumed an "inhuman amount".

Not sure about eating it, but I know with smoking you'd pass about before you got anywhere near overdose levels. It's something like smoking twice your weight in marijuana in 15 minutes.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 05:33:56 pm »
I very highly doubt that ANY person's stomach could hold 45 pounds of cannabis, and even still, it wouldn't all digest all at once....

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 06:07:10 pm »
You obviously wouldn't eat 45 lbs of cannabis, an ounce or two is bigger by volume than your stomach. You would convert it into oil, which is actually relatively easy, and that would still be a shitload of oil, but feasible.
The writ of the founders must endure.