Author Topic: Impenetrable "gun free zone" penetrated  (Read 5786 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Impenetrable "gun free zone" penetrated
« on: October 31, 2008, 04:36:38 pm »
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/551/story/291155.html

"No guns" signs aren't super magnetic wizard force fields, only signs.  Signs don't stop anything (except for drunk people that run into them, haha).

Check out the comment section.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Impenetrable "gun free zone" penetrated
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 04:41:58 pm »
I'm impressed. You take a simple objective story and spin it into some twisted political message. You're insane. Congratulations.

Maybe I am jumping to conclusions, though; did I miss the part of the story that mentioned a gun-free zone and/or a sign that said gun-free?
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 04:46:01 pm »
Gotta think outside the box.
Sure when you use the numbers 2 & 3 you can add them to get 5, multiply to get 6 ... OR ... you get the nifty phrase 23 skidoo.

If you take things at face value that's fine.  But if you analyze the situation more, you can see that there is a policy failure in that signs don't stop murders/hostage situations/anything*.

*Except drunk people that walk into them(signs)

Offline abc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 04:47:27 pm »
Code: [Select]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 01:07:55 pm by abc »

Offline Falcon

• I haven't visited my profile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 05:11:44 pm »
Gotta think outside the box.
Sure when you use the numbers 2 & 3 you can add them to get 5, multiply to get 6 ... OR ... you get the nifty phrase 23 skidoo.

If you take things at face value that's fine.  But if you analyze the situation more, you can see that there is a policy failure in that signs don't stop murders/hostage situations/anything*.

*Except drunk people that walk into them(signs)
That is kind of like saying "One way traffic" signs don't stop people from going against traffic. There will always be retards that don't/can't read and take the turn anyways. Your logic fails, horribly.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 05:18:38 pm »
I made a statement that is true.  Noflawkthnxbai.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 05:21:23 pm »
And laws don't stop murderers, so we should make murder illegal.

Brillant bit of strategy there!

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 05:22:32 pm »
Murder is harmful, gun possession is not.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 06:52:19 pm »
That, which, incidentally, is debatable, makes absolutely no difference to the argument.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 10:17:11 pm »

No, no actually you didn't. You made a statement that is true in an isolated situation.

Check this one out: how many people in schools across the nation got held up on that day? To our knowledge, zero. How many schools are there across the nation? Tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of schools across the nation. I'll guesstimate 100,000: 1/100,000 = ~0.001. That's a thousandth of a percent of one percent.

Let's jump to something bigger: how many people are murdered, on average, every day in this nation (United States)? Let's make some gross overestimate: 10 people in every state every day. That's 500 people a day shot dead in their tracks. Now, how many people live in America? According to Google...

United States — Population: 301,139,947 (July 2007 est.)

According to https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/us.html

That's a shitload. 500/301,139,947 = 1.66 x 10-4 %. That's even less than the previous number. That's miniscule. That's not even statistically relevant.

The policies work great, apparently. Hundreds of millions of people living here every day, and a school gets held up once, and the policies are fucked up? Exceptions are just that: exceptions. They deviate from what is normal. They're insignificant.
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 01:30:54 pm »
That, which, incidentally, is debatable, makes absolutely no difference to the argument.

My argument is that guns should be allowed for self defense.  The apparent argument of the other side is that guns are harmful/

No, no actually you didn't. You made a statement that is true in an isolated situation.

Check this one out: how many people in schools across the nation got held up on that day? To our knowledge, zero. How many schools are there across the nation? Tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of schools across the nation. I'll guesstimate 100,000: 1/100,000 = ~0.001. That's a thousandth of a percent of one percent.

Let's jump to something bigger: how many people are murdered, on average, every day in this nation (United States)? Let's make some gross overestimate: 10 people in every state every day. That's 500 people a day shot dead in their tracks. Now, how many people live in America? According to Google...

United States — Population: 301,139,947 (July 2007 est.)

According to https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/us.html

That's a shitload. 500/301,139,947 = 1.66 x 10-4 %. That's even less than the previous number. That's miniscule. That's not even statistically relevant.

The policies work great, apparently. Hundreds of millions of people living here every day, and a school gets held up once, and the policies are fucked up? Exceptions are just that: exceptions. They deviate from what is normal. They're insignificant.

The "murder is illegal" seems to cut back homicide.  Increasing gun ownership seems to decrease homicide even more: http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55288

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 01:45:32 pm »
My argument is that guns should be allowed for self defense.  The apparent argument of the other side is that guns are harmful/
Err, I thought your argument was that gun-free zones are bad because people can still bring guns in there? You seem to have changed your argument..

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 02:05:43 pm »
Quote from: akhimark wrote on 10/31/2008 02:05:21 PM
This story is obviously a complete hoax. The fedra gubment done made it agin the law to have a gun at a school. Therefore, since all schools are gun free zones, this guy could not have had a gun at the school. When will people realize that complete gubment control works?

Hey, Craz3d posted on the comment page for that article, too.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 02:07:57 pm »
LOL

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 04:03:37 pm »
The "murder is illegal" seems to cut back homicide.  Increasing gun ownership seems to decrease homicide even more: http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55288

Wow. look at that. A random news article. WorldNetDaily Exclusive. Looks trustworthy and legitimate.

National Bureau of Economic Research says: "Increases in gun ownership lead to a higher gun-homicide rate and legislation allowing citizens to carry concealed weapons does not reduce crime"

I can find random articles, too, that support my side of the story.

iago: Care to comment on homicide in the great country of Canada? Isn't firearm ownership small there?
- Newby