Author Topic: My Leet++ Study Card  (Read 4273 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
My Leet++ Study Card
« on: May 21, 2005, 06:46:24 pm »
We're allowed to use a 5x3 notecard for our Trigonometry test on Tuesday (final exam), so of course I did mine on the computer. :)

I used Microsoft Publisher 2003 and MathType (a program used for creating mathematical formulas), which is a very nice program.

Check it out here!

All the .gif images are the ones contained in StudyCard.pub in their individually saved format. From what I can tell, MathType uses OCR to read the .gif images because you can edit them the same way you did before they were saved. VERY nice program.

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
Re: My Leet++ Study Card
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 06:56:30 pm »
We're allowed to do this, but it cannot be done via computer. That 4pt font has to be done by hand, unfortunately.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 07:02:37 pm »
We're allowed to do this, but it cannot be done via computer. That 4pt font has to be done by hand, unfortunately.

Too bad, MathType is leet. I don't know what font I'm using (because the entire card consists of sized meta files), but I'm guessing its about 6pt.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 08:28:24 pm »
I did this, er, sorta this for social studys not too far back. We were allowed a full sheet of paper, front and back, for notes on the test. I set MS Word (I was at school, ok?) to 9pt font and typed up every asignment I could find durring the course of a few study halls. When we played the review game EVERYBODY wanted me on their team. :P
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 08:38:44 pm »
That's a bit different. ;p

We do the same for all of the 'Life Science' classes taught by the same teacher, but we're only allowed one side. I generally use 6pt font. There's WAY too much material to put on one sheet of paper, so I just type the multiple choice questions on our previous tests. I increase the margins and use the extra space to draw diagrams. This year it's Anatomy/Physiology. We've only had three tests this semester (as compared to the 9 we had last semester in Biochemistry), so I'm not worried! Plus, that final is on Wednesday, whereas Trigonometry (and Chemistry, but we don't get any sort of external reference) is on Tuesday.

I was just typing using the generic mathematical substitues (ie sin^2θ+cos^2θ=1; 1+tan^2θ=sec^2θ, tan(2θ)=(2tanθ)/(1-tan^2θ)), but it was extremely hard to read/understand, which is why I downloaded/used MathType.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 10:17:02 am »
Newb.  I had to memorize all those (which I did) except for unions and venn diagrams, because we didn't do those.  I did great (I think).

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 12:21:48 pm »
I wasn't allowed a cheat sheet in my trig class :(.  In my geometry class I was allowed only the theorms.  In my calc class I was allowed nothing...I don't remember Alg2 & Alg1

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2005, 12:30:50 pm »
I wasn't allowed a cheat sheet in my trig class :(.  In my geometry class I was allowed only the theorms.  In my calc class I was allowed nothing...I don't remember Alg2 & Alg1

I really won't need it, it will help me study though. I remember almost all of the identities now.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 12:42:47 pm »
Yeah, writing sutff down is supposed to make you remember it better

trust

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2005, 01:48:37 pm »
Picture of whole card please. (SS, Scan, etc..)