Author Topic: So, I just got out of...  (Read 3151 times)

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
So, I just got out of...
« on: January 03, 2009, 02:43:22 am »
... the worst pug ever. That was fun. We were running heroic culling of strath, and I swear these guys had never played their classes before. It started off thinking it'd be a group that'd make the timed run, because of how fast they were at the summoning stone, etc... it ended up I was way wrong. The tank had no clue what he was doing and the healer kept letting him die. I tanked the first boss, uninentionally. The group fell apart after I had to bring up the fact that everyone was sucking.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
Re: So, I just got out of...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 03:02:38 am »
... the worst pug ever. That was fun. We were running heroic culling of strath, and I swear these guys had never played their classes before. It started off thinking it'd be a group that'd make the timed run, because of how fast they were at the summoning stone, etc... it ended up I was way wrong. The tank had no clue what he was doing and the healer kept letting him die. I tanked the first boss, uninentionally. The group fell apart after I had to bring up the fact that everyone was sucking.
I've been in worse. I once had a warrior who tanked a few encounters, and then he told me (The mage) and the hunter to start tanking because he said, "I'm not a tank." Shortly thereafter, the group disbanded.
errr... something like that...

Offline Hitmen

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 03:11:28 am »
Pugs are terribad. Thankfully alliance side on my server we have (had? dunno how wotlk is treating everyone) 10+ competent end game guilds (some SWP progress before 3.0). I'm not sure what the population is like on your server put a couple friends in some higher end guilds can go a long way towards putting good groups together consistently. I have a tank friend who does what he calls the "speed boat" where he runs as many as all of the heroics in a row in a single day with little downtime and minimal breaks, and is extremely discriminating about who he takes on runs. I think I only made it through all 12 once (too much even for me) but generally its totally fun to just rock a couple in a row in 20-30min each with no hassle. I think I've posted something like this before but I just really hate pugging and really can't do it anymore  :)
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 01:08:34 pm »
Transfer to Failstrom IMO.  I've got 3/5 Balance T7, 2/5 Feral T7 and a partial resto set.  It's nice to be the only Druid in a raid with no Rogues.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 03:18:31 pm »
I think I'll level a druid on Failstrom.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 04:55:08 pm »
I'm on Ursin, Alliance, and it's a very very low population server. The server is 2.5:1 Horde to Alliance ratio, so we're out numbered by a lot. I have trouble finding heroic groups because guilds just do them as guild runs. I'm in a guild with c0ol, who is a good tank, and some of his friends which includes a pretty good healer too. So when we're all grouped it'd be pretty good, but that hasn't happened much.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 08:44:44 pm »
I don't run heroics often, as I hate pugging shit.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.