Announcements > [x86] Announcements

reCAPTCHA

(1/6) > >>

iago:
In an effort to get rid of spam accounts signing up, and therefore flooding our emails with "New member" emails, Blaze added a SMF plugin for reCAPTCHA. I personally like reCAPTCHA, it's the only CAPTCHA that I really like.

If you know anybody who's having issues signing up, let me know and I'll see what I can do. I had to hardcode reCAPTCHA's ip in my firewall to make it work, which may not be the best way to do it.

iago:
I disabled the "require administrator approval" setting, since we haven't had any spambots sign up since we changed to reCAPTCHA. But a note to moderators -- be sure to keep an eye out.

truste1:
x86labs is serious business.

iago:
We were getting 10+ registrations/day from spammers. x86 itself may not be serious business, as you've implied, but you can't just run a forum and leave it alone anymore. The assholes will make a mess.

Krazed:

--- Quote from: iago on February 08, 2009, 07:36:26 pm ---We were getting 10+ registrations/day from spammers. x86 itself may not be serious business, as you've implied, but you can't just run a forum and leave it alone anymore. The assholes will make a mess.

--- End quote ---

When I read this I felt that there was underlying meaning to it.. possible aimed at trust.

But then again, I am stoned so eh..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version