Announcements > [x86] Announcements

Moved!

(1/5) > >>

iago:
All righty, the server's in its new home. It's on a static ip now, and the ISP I'm on promises they won't filter *anything*, so I hope they stick to their word on that one. I can set up my DNS and Email and stuff properly, without having to worry about hitting blocks put in place by ISPs.

The only trick is that this connection is PPPoE, so I'm hoping it's reliable enough to use as a server. My old cable connection was perfect, but I worry that this one might die on occasion. But, I guess we'll see :)

Let me know if you have any problems or issues or whatever!

Chavo:
Last time I used PPPoE (~2 years ago) I didn't have any problems with the connection dropping while hosting a website and when it did the connection was reestablished in seconds.  You probably don't have anything to worry about, especially since the IP is static now.

iago:
Yeah, I don't expect issues either. This server was on PPPoE (at my parents') for the past month or so, and the only issue I had was when the IP changed.

iago:
Is everything working ok? It's been usually quiet since yesterday (although it's still morning)..

Chavo:
Normal for me

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version