Author Topic: Animated stereograms  (Read 1490 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Animated stereograms
« on: June 15, 2009, 12:02:49 am »
When I was a kid, I was big into stereoscopy ("magic eye"). I was bored today and thought I'd see what people had made lately. This, by far, was the coolest:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-254396095535185418

It's a cross-eyed stereogram, which means you have to focus close (go cross eyed) to see it. It took me awhile because I used to always do parallel stereograms (when your eyes move apart).

To view, I suggest putting your finger against the monitor and focusing on it. Then move it toward yourself, continuing to focus on it, till you can see the image. It's really cool to poke at the image with your perfectly-in-focus finger and watch it fade in and out. Very cool stuff!

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
Re: Animated stereograms
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 12:34:49 am »
I had no idea what I this was at first, but it was pretty badass once I figured out what I was supposed to do.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 01:05:34 am by Armin »
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 08:29:46 am »
I was watching others last night on Youtube.. search for "cross eyed stereogram" to get good ones. Some of them are hard, though, the pictures are several inches apart. But once you get it, they have things like the intro to Crysis in stereographic 3d. It's really cool stuff :)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 01:18:29 pm »
I swear I saw a flying Cow for a bit in that one.. and a croissant.  Awesome.  TO THE MAX.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...