Author Topic: '07 Chevy Aveo  (Read 5568 times)

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Re: '07 Chevy Aveo
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 03:18:06 pm »
My cruise has three buttons. There's one on the back of the steering wheel (wtf?) to turn on / off the entire system. On the front, there's a button to accelerate / resume, and one to set / coast. Which of those is supposed to decelerate, would you assume?
Well, according to TFM (page 144), you can either tap the brake or turn off the system entirely.  GLHF.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2009, 01:29:31 am »
My cruise has three buttons. There's one on the back of the steering wheel (wtf?) to turn on / off the entire system. On the front, there's a button to accelerate / resume, and one to set / coast. Which of those is supposed to decelerate, would you assume?
Well, according to TFM (page 144), you can either tap the brake or turn off the system entirely.  GLHF.

Of course you can. It's not like it's going to hit the gas harder when you hit the brake. However I don't like disengaging it that way because it causes the entire car to lurch. Yes, I'm bitching. Yes, it should have a "clear" button.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 02:34:23 am »
Of course you can. It's not like it's going to hit the gas harder when you hit the brake. However I don't like disengaging it that way because it causes the entire car to lurch. Yes, I'm bitching. Yes, it should have a "clear" button.
Do you actually have to push the brakes that hard? I just have to push them hard enough for the lights to come on to disengage my cruise control. That or just push the button on my steering wheel.
errr... something like that...

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2009, 10:35:16 am »
but getting lights to turn on by braking requires the slightest touch of the brake. but yeah that is weird how your model only has accel/ deccel and on and off. mine has accel/decel/ on/off as well as a cancel. but turning off cruise control will not cause your car to lurch. it will do the opposite and ease off the gas.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2009, 10:39:04 am »
Do you actually have to push the brakes that hard? I just have to push them hard enough for the lights to come on to disengage my cruise control. That or just push the button on my steering wheel.
Same here, but remember: he's got an Aveo

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 11:29:10 pm »
Same here, but remember: he's got an Aveo
Right... I keep forgetting that.
errr... something like that...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 05:13:47 pm »
My 04 F150 doesnt have a "clear" switch, only "off" or braking (just a light tap) will disengage the cruise.  I do have a decel though.